Just hours ago a bus carrying foreign workers from the United States, France, the United Kingdom, and other nations was attacked by armed insurgents right outside of the In Amenes natural gas complex located near the Libyan border.
The attack occurred between 5:00 and 6:00am local time in Algeria (around midnight this morning of the 16th – East Coast time). The facility is a joint venture operated by British Petroleum (BP), Norway’s Statoil and the Algerian state company, Sonatrach.
According to the Algerian interior ministry, a heavily armed group using three vehicles attacked the bus. An Algerian security unit repelled the attack which resulted in the death of one foreign national and the wounding of six personnel. The armed insurgents immediately took off for the living quarters at the gas complex and took almost 40 people hostage.
- Two foreigners are believed to have been killed – one Briton and one Frenchman
- Seven others were wounded in the attack and an estimated 40 foreigners are believed to have been taken hostage – up to three of which are reported to be American citizens.
- A group known as the Katibat Moulathamine, or Masked Brigade, called a Mauritanian news outlet claiming the attack by one of their subsidiaries: a splinter organization calling itself “Those Who Signed in Blood”.
- The facility held workers from the UK, United States, Japan, Norway, Algeria, and France
- It is currently unknown if the terrorists are still at the gas complex or if they retreated with the hostages.
Map: Americans Taken Hostage in Algeria
or Log In
@Recon6 @StormR @ArcticWarrior Attack the symptoms, never the disease.Its just so much safer.Easy to claim victory over something that is not really there.Misdirect and conquer!
@ArcticWarrior @Recon6 @StormR @ChupaCabra @Txazz .....not always ,so , they have the POS Ft Hood killer, no PTSD, and still nothing.I see a red door and I want it .....
@Recon6 @StormR @ChupaCabra @Allwet @Txazz Hmmm-I for one withold judgement here, most of the knowledge for me, comes from the media-who ,without a second thought of conscious remorse , with turn a satan into a saint , and Mother Theresa into a .....well you get the point. I for one , need to be redlined with regularity to maintain sanity-if you are too fucking tired, you can't go crazy, or would that be going sane?Something snapped, and what it was, will never come to light.Heads will shake knowingly according to what ever is the adopted agenda of the moment...."see, just like we said", and the sheep will roll with it, because it is the easiest thing to do.Why is it that the all knowing , are always those that have never done, and never will....and yet no one questions the judgements passed.The answer isn't "blowing in the wind" , its in standing against the storm.
@chupacabra-This Shiners for you, because that was damn well said. Replies like that are one of the reason I feel better all around after dropping in, no matter how pissed off or crappy my outlook may be on any one day.
@ArcticWarrior @RedWanderer Whats wrong with a good old fashioned bounty? Money cures alot of ills.