Hey everybody, I was recently looking into improving the security of my laptop, and by security I mean more than just a Kensington laptop lock. So I thought, why not ask one of our elite cyber spec ops warriors! I reached out to a friend who knows th3j35t3r and asked if he could make any recommendations. He came back with a nice overview of his rig:
- Laptop, business class
- TPM chip – allows him to lock hardware to the device. For example, if you pull the hd and put it in another machine, it will not work.
- Biometric login
- BIOS/boot password
- Full disk encryption across the board
- Won’t boot without a secure token (usb)
- 2 wireless cards – one normal, one transmitting decoy access point ssids
- Two factor authentication on all accounts using Google authenticator w/ mobile device
- Laptop pings cellphone over Bluetooth every few seconds. If cellphone goes out of range, laptop locks and requires fingerprint and phone to re-login.
After looking this over I sent a note back asking if I could use it here in Team Room. I was surprised and very happy to get a note back that The Jester was writing a full post on this topic, and I’d be able to publish it here for you guys.
or Log In