Two years ago, Blake Miles made a fairly bold prediction here on SOFREP.com when he wrote, “While you’re scoffing and wasting your breath, let me make a prediction: the 9/11/12 Embassy Attacks will be the modern Archduke Ferdinand moment. I’m feeling just froggy enough enough to make this prediction out loud.”
Today, we’re going to take some editorial liberties and augment Blake’s original post, It Has Begun, with some relevant current events.
Blake supported his original position based on his experience as a Green Beret:
“After spending time in Iraq buried in the intelligence reports coming in from all over Iraq, and reading other intelligence from from elsewhere, I began to get an appreciation for how big this war really was. Mind you, this was back in the Summer of 2006, when the pot was boiling pretty heavily. The intensity of our conflicts in the Middle East have generally ebbed and flowed over the past few years with no serious changes in the bigger picture until the game started changing again.
But relative calm can be found elsewhere, especially in the United States. Consider this, it is relatively common knowledge that sleeper cells exist within the United States awaiting their specific ‘green light.'”
Step forward nearly two years and what do we see?
- Were the bombings at the Boston Marathon the work of a sleeper agents or just rogue terrorists?
- ISIS rolls into Mosul with a head of steam, no one to stop them, open bases and free loot for all. More importantly, they gain a tremendous psychological victory for all other Iraqi forces around the country. Stand and die, because you don’t know who is standing behind you.
- Syrian Rockets Rain Down On Israel With Iran’s Help
- Despite Weak Relations, Iranian Support of Hamas Still a Threat to Israel
- With up to 100,000 Yezidi starving to death on Sinjar mountain and the battle at a stalemate, the situation is grim. This is unacceptable. What is happening in Sinjar is a slaughter. A religious minority is being exterminated by an Army of darkness. That can’t happen. This is nothing short of genocide.
- Take a look at domestic US news: “However, the other question at stake here is addressing the root causes of the insurgency itself. This would involve a strategy and not just a series of tactics. How do you address the issues of poverty, racial inequality, and the long standing antagonisms between many black communities and the policemen assigned to enforce the law in their neighborhood?”
Continuing Blake’s original post: What that green light may be is anyone’s guess, but speculation would point to something major on the world stage. Say for instance, an Israeli-Iranian skirmish or an Israeli attack on Iranian reactors. All speculation, but not beyond the realm of possibilities.
The boiling pot I spoke of earlier could be a superheated cup of water in a microwave here within the States. Superheated water just waiting for a gentle nudge to set off its chain reaction.
Here is a phrase that has echoed in my thoughts for years now and still gives me the chills: “The Night of 1000 Jackals”. Think about that phrase in relation to porous borders, sleeper cells, Mumbai-style attacks, and “green lights.” I’ll leave the in-depth discussion of possibilities to all of you.
And think of this: “ISIS has vowed retaliation against the US for its involvement, threatening to strike Americans ‘anywhere.'”
This appears to be where we are at. The pieces of the puzzle have been set for years. The players have been negotiating the terms of the match in one form or another. Now the pawns are in motion.
There is a big strategy in motion and I fear we are seeing the first pieces clinking across the board. Are you prepared for the games ahead?
Are we being alarmist for the sake of publicity and pageviews? Hell no, that’s not our way. But, like Blake writes, “If you and your family is not prepared for disaster and war, you should really, really, get your head in the game… like yesterday.”
Now it’s your turn, SOFREP readers. Let us know – are we on point here? Give us the gouge in the comments below.
(Featured Image Courtesy: NBC News)
We thought this story would be interesting for you, for full access to premium original stories written by our all veteran journalists subscribe here .