The U.S. Embassy in Kuwait says American soldiers deployed in the Gulf country who were intentionally rammed by an Egyptian man pulled their attacker from his burning vehicle after it caught fire.
The embassy on Sunday described the incident on a Kuwaiti highway a day earlier as “an attempted terrorist attack.”
The attempted attack is the first by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) to target American troops in the tiny, oil-rich emirate that’s a stalwart U.S. ally. It comes as authorities already increased security ahead of a major Shiite commemoration in the coming days.
It says three uniformed American military personnel were in the truck that was rammed, and all escaped uninjured. It did not say where the troops were stationed, but American forces are deployed to Kuwait’s Camp Arifjan.
Kuwaiti authorities had earlier said five American soldiers were involved. Kuwait’s Interior Ministry identified the attacker as Ibrahim Sulaiman, born in 1988.
Read More- CBS News
Image courtesy of AP
We thought this story would be interesting for you, for full access to premium original stories written by our all veteran journalists subscribe here .