1. If your a left handed shooter make sure you purchase an ambidextrous Gas Mask.
2. Look for a way to connect your gas mask to a hydration pouch. Some Gas Masks have the proper connectors some don’t. Hydration while wearing a gas mask especially in a training or real life scenario is critical.
3. Being able to communicate while wearing your mask is a major factor. Look for masks that have built in voice amplifiers.
4. Breathing while wearing a mask is incredibly difficult and is something that you will need to train on to be prepared. Adding your mask as part of your training routine is important.
5. Invest in a quality mask, you get what you pay for.
Some other considerations when choosing, maintaining and running a gas mask...
Read more – Tactical Locker Room
(Featured image courtesy of 1080.plus)
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1