Courtesy of Everyday Carry
It’s America’s birthday, and we wanted to celebrate by highlighting some of our favorite gear that’s made in the USA. We’ve picked out a range of gear that’s traditional, tactical, and everything in between. There’s a solid EDC knife, buy-it-for-life pen, some summer-inspired notebooks to write on, a bag to put it all in, and more. If you want more American-made gear in your EDC, check out these essentials.
American-Made EDC Gear
- Kershaw Dividend: This knife is a slimmer, lighter, and easier to carry knife than Kershaw’s previous entry in their made in USA series, the Link. The Dividend features an elegant 3” drop point blade, SpeedSafe assisted opening, and fiberglass handles. The size, shape, and weight result in an excellent EDC knife. (View on Amazon)
- Machine Era Brass Pen: This pen is crafted from brass, meaning that the finish will pick up a patina the more you use it over time. The cap posts on the back of the body so it stays nearby when you’re writing. The thoughtful design and rock-solid construction result in a buy-it-for-life pen that you can pass down for generations. (View on Amazon)
- Hitch and Timber County Fold Wallet: This wallet can fit everything you need for a bare-bones EDC kit right inside. Simplify your essentials by carrying them all in one easy-to-grab place. In addition to some cards and cash, this premium wallet constructed from American-made leathers has dedicated spots for a pen, knife, and 3.5 x 5” notepad. (View on Amazon)
- Leatherman Juice B2: The Juice B2 is less like the usual folding Leatherman tool and more like a traditional slip joint knife. There are some modern improvements that make this two blade multitool great for EDC. Instead of plastic or wood handles, you’ll find anodized aluminum for a durable yet lightweight feel. Inside there are two 420HC steel blades. One serrated and one plain – great for a variety of cutting tasks. (View on Amazon)
- DSPTCH Keychain Set: Keep your keys close by with DSPTCH’s Keychain Set. This magnetic clip system attaches to your belt loop or bag so you can grab your keys right when you need them. It comes with three different magnetic Fidlock connector options: one for your belt loop, one for your belt, and a gated D-ring that’ll clip onto a bag. (Buy)
- Field Notes Campfire Edition: Field Notes’s special edition release for the summer 2017 season is campfire themed. Each notebook in the 3-pack features a different design depicting a campfire in its different stages, through daylight, dusk, and dawn. The pack also includes a 2.25-inch “Campfire Master” patch for your favorite bag or jacket. (View on Amazon)
- Magpul Daka Essential Wallet: Magpul is known for their heavy-duty tactical gear, and the Daka wallet is no exception. This ultra minimal yet durable wallet is perfect for those looking to slim down their carry. It’s crafted from reinforced polymer that will hold up to years of slipping in and out of your pockets. (View on Amazon)
- Topo Y Pack: The Y Pack is Topo’s take on the traditional flap style backpack (with some improvements over the original). This low-profile back is sized perfectly for everyday carry with enough room for more than just the essentials without being too big. Inside, you’ll find room for up to a 15” laptop, and plenty of your daily essentials. The outside is minimally decorated for adding your own favorite patches and pins or leaving it bare for a sleeker look. (View on Amazon)
Thanks for checking out some of our favorite American-made gear! Now let us know what yours is. Make sure you leave a comment below letting us know what USA gear is in your EDC.
Read more like this on everydaycarry.com
Photo courtesy of Everyday Carry
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to join SOFREP now for just $0.50/week.