It’s that time of year again. In the chamber this week, we’ll have attendees at both the SHOT show and Outdoor Retailer Winter Market scouring the floor for the latest and greatest gear on the planet, as well as testing the newest toys at the SHOT Media Range Day and the Outdoor Retailer All Mountain Demo. Throughout the next few weeks we’ll be pushing out content from both trade shows and you’ll have the opportunity to see some of the newest gear, products yet to hit the shelves, and interviews with industry representatives.
If you haven’t been on the site in a while, here are some of the things you may have missed in the last week:
- Jack Daniels and a Rangers Road Trip (Pt. II) (series)
- Tech Sight’s 10/22 Adjustable Aperture Sights: First Impressions
- MSR Alpine Bottle: Review
- Paradox Outdoor Atmo 2 Down Jacket: Review
- Think Like a Green Beret: Problem Solving (series)
- Folding Knife Head-to-head: Emerson Commander vs. SOG Trident
- Outdoor Research Cathode Hooded Jacket: First Impression
- Precision Armament M4-72 Compensator: First Impressions
- Reaper Tips: Holding Breath for Stability (series)
- Tridentis Tactical LR 308 Free Floating Rail: First Impression
- Resco Instruments Patriot Gen2: First Impression
*Note: any article with “First Impression” in the title means we have just gotten our hands on the product and will be performing a comprehensive review of the product in the future, after we’ve had the opportunity to put it through its paces.
In the chamber this week, you will see a continuation of our Monday, Wednesday, and Friday-morning series:
- Drinking stories/reviews: Maker’s Mark, Sake, Cavendish & Canadians—A story of making friends between missions.
- Think Like a Green Beret: Never Quit—Only death can stop a truly determined man. You have to know that the man next to you will not break and run when things get tough.
- Reaper Tips: Trigger Follow-through—Learn about how any movement caused by a premature reset of the trigger could negatively impact the trajectory of the round.
Some highlighted products that we will be covering, include:
- VG6 Precision’s EPSILON 556: First Impression—The magicians at VG6 have reduced recoil and blast, making them fast-shooting, yet subtle.
- Rat Worx MRX Black: First Impression—Through their many years of research and testing, Rat Worx has come up with a damn-near indestructible automatic knife.
- Bering Optics Urban Patrol Night Vision Pocket Scope Review—The Urban Patrol by Bering Optics is a new lightweight, compact, affordable option for those wanting to get into night-vision products.
Along with updates from SHOT show and the Outdoor Retailer show, these are just a taste of what is coming. Stay tuned!
Below are recaps of last year’s SHOT show and the Outdoor Retailer All Mountain Demo.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1