The new Crye Precision EXP 1500 pack seems to have all the makings of a great low-vis backpack for those that travel around a lot or maintain a minimalist lifestyle. From what I hear in the industry this pack will securely hold a broken down carbine and has no ‘tactical’ features on the outside whatsoever.
The EXP 1500 has a briefcase style handle on the side as an alternative carrying method. This also gives the bag an appearance of normal travel luggage.
The EXP 1500™ PACK is a sleek low-profile pack that is highly adaptable to support the changing demands of your day or mission. It can quickly expand to add 500 cubic inches of extra volume. It can also extend to carry items up to 27” long. The EXP 1500™ pack is designed to have a clean uncluttered appearance with no outwardly glaring military features, blending well into urban environments as an everyday use bag while still offering maximum tactical utility. H: 18.75” (27.75” Extended) W: 12.5” D: 7.25” (11” Expanded) Made in the US from US materials.
- Full perimeter (lay-flat) opening allows easy access to contents and offers all the benefits of both a top-opening and side-opening bag
- Fleece lined pocket fits medium to small sized tablets (H: 11” W: 8”)
- Top access laptop storage (H: 12.25” W: 19.75”)
- EXP™ PACK MOLLE INSERT (sold separately) for attaching pouches and gear
- Integrated expansion feature adds 500 cubic inches of volume
- Extends to carry items up to 27” long
- Molded back pad with integrated air channels
- Internal PALS webbing on inside walls
- Internal mesh divider separates front compartment and main compartment
- Convenient briefcase style side handle
- Removable sternum strap
- Removable 3D formed frame sheet
- MSRP $237.60
*Featured image courtesy of Crye Precision
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1