Daniel Defense just announced an upgrade to their Aimpoint® Micro Mount. The original was already a simple, effective, and durable mount for the Aimpoint Micro T, H and R optics, but the update gives you the option of an absolute co-witness. They didn’t mess with anything else.
The Daniel Defense Aimpoint Micro Mount has been proven to be one of the most durable and light weight mounts available.
- Absolute or lower 1/3rd co-witness
- Recoil lug interface between mount and optic
- Snag free and reversible
- Patented Rock & Lock® attachment system
- Light weight
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- Precision CNC machined from aircraft-grade 6061-T6 aluminum
- Military specification type-III hard-coat anodized
- 1.5 ounce or 1.8 ounce with lower 1/3rd spacer
The mount bolts on to a 1913 rail with a pair of screws. The mount is simple and light since there’s no quick-release BS. The $79 mount is made from 6061-T1 aluminum and weighs 1.5 ounces or 1.8 ounces with the magnesium lower-third co-witness spacer.
“In the early years, we earned the reputation of being a rails and accessories company,” said Marty Daniel, the company’s president and CEO. “It remains a core element of our business, and this upgrade to the Aimpoint mount demonstrates our ability to take a proven product and elevate it to the next level.”
The SLiM Rail™ (Slim, Lightweight, Modular) from Daniel Defense utilizes the KeyMod accessory-attachment system for incredible weight savings as well as superior cooling, ergonomics, and modularity while maintaining the strength and durability expected from Daniel Defense. KeyMod is a recoil-resistant, two-part, direct-attachment method for accessories that offers outstanding “return-to-zero” when accessories are removed and reinstalled.
The SLiM Rail™ features the battle-proven “Bolt-Up System,” which provides modern flat-top upper receivers with a free-floating, continuous, uninterrupted upper rail platform and allows for simplified alignment to the host weapon’s upper receiver. Ambidextrous sling swivel-attachment points are integrated into both the left and right side rails at one and 11 o’clock positions. The SLiM Rail™ can be used with a low-profile gas block on pistol, carbine, or mid-length gas systems.
- Light weight free-floating barrel design
- Steel barrel nut
- Uninterrupted mil-spec 1913 Picatinny upper rail
- KeyMod attachment at three, six, and nine o’clock positions
- Ambidextrous sling swivel-attachment points at one and 11 o’clock
- Patented Bolt-Up mounting system
- Aircraft-grade 6061-T6 aluminum
- Mil-spec type-III hard-coat anodized finish
- Grade eight military-specification fasteners
- Made in the USA!
images courtesy of Daniel Defense
Veterans and active-duty military get a year of Fox Nation for free. Don’t delay. Sign up today by clicking the button below!Free Fox Nation for a Year
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1