Matches have been in existence for a long time and are an extremely easy to use method for starting a fire. That is if your matches are in one piece and have not absorbed too much moisture. In my personal survival kit I always have the UCO Storm Proof Matches, typically inside the plastic case they came with or a small zip lock bag.
I recently upgraded my match case to the Exotac MatchCap XL for a few reasons. Let’s take a closer look at those reasons in the following video.
- Same reliable design as the MATCHCAP™ original
- Larger, improved striking surfaces
- Waterproof, safe and redundant match striker design
- Replaceable striking pads
- Works with both safety and strike anywhere matches
- Straight-walled inside diameter for easy access
- Scalloped body allows easy match removal
- Larger diameter and height for increased capacity
- Holds matches up to 2.9″ in length
- Square threaded cap for maximum durability
- Waterproof to depths >5 meters
- Lightweight aircraft grade 6061 aluminum construction Anodized and laser engraved for durability
- Unique knurl for grip and use with strike anywhere matches
- Made in the USA
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO CONTINUE READING.
Your subscription is important and supports our editorial integrity and our 100% veteran writing team. Advertisers these days are afraid of being associated with controversial news outlets, like us, that take a stand. Your subscription is vital to ensuring we can continue to publish the courageous apolitical news we are known and respected for as former combat veterans.Subscribe or login