Blue Force Gear has recently introduced the Micro Trauma Kit NOW! The Micro TKN closes the gap on any given person’s greatest liability, a life threatening traumatic injury. Blue Force Gear is known for making high quality innovative tactical products right here in the USA and backed by their lifetime warranty. With the Micro TKN you can utilize […]
Blue Force Gear has recently introduced the Micro Trauma Kit NOW! The Micro TKN closes the gap on any given person’s greatest liability, a life threatening traumatic injury. Blue Force Gear is known for making high quality innovative tactical products right here in the USA and backed by their lifetime warranty. With the Micro TKN you can utilize a number of their products like the Vickers Combat Application Sling, or their line of ultra-lightweight Ten-Speed Pouches made of military grade elastic and patented ULTRAcomp a durable, lightweight high-performance laminate.
When size matters:
If you want to carry a first-aid kit but either weight or size is an issue, the Micro TKN is perfect for a minimalistic approach to first-aid. The Micro TKN is great for backpacking, the range, or when you’d like to maintain a low profile. Roughly the size of a 6” Israeli Bandage, the compact medical pouch can carry the lifesaving essentials to combat preventable life threatening injury from bleeding, tension pneumothorax, and a compromised airway sustained following a traumatic injury. Weighing in at 96g empty /281g full and 6”x3.5”x2.5” dimensions, it takes up less space than a rifle magazine on your plate carrier and is small enough to comfortably carry with low-visibility in a back pocket, purse, or belt. The Micro TKN can be purchased with or without its medical supplies or they can be purchased separately as needed.
(In these images, I have my own gear in the Micro TKN but you can order it fully stocked see the list below)
The Micro TKN contents include:
- Quickclot Combat Gauze Z-fold (Hemostatic Agent Impregnated Gauze)
- Cleer Medical Trauma Bandage 4”Flat Pack (Pressure Bandage)
- North American Rescue HyFin Vent Chest Seal Pair (Prevents Tension Pneumothorax)
- North American Rescue 14g 3.25” Decompression Needle (Resolve Tension Pneumothorax)
- Phokus Research 6-Frog Tape 2″ x 9″
- Nasopharyngeal Airway w/lubricant Size 28
- Heavy Duty Medical Gloves in tan
Optional commercial off-the-shelf products that will dimensionally fit:
- Phokus Research Frog Gauze Z-Fold (Plain Gauze)
- H&H Medical Micro Compression Bandage (Pressure Bandage)
- North American Rescue HyFin Vent COMPACT Chest Seal (Prevents Tension Pneumothorax)The Micro TKN combines the ULTRAcomp laminate with military grade elastic in a variety of colors to match your tactical personality. (Black, Coyote Brown, Multicam, OD Green, or Wolf Grey) The front of the outer pouch features a laser cut first aid cross with several user configurable card inserts (Black, Red, or a highly reflective glow-in-the-dark White) for trauma medical pouch identification. The Micro TKN was designed to be carried horizontally and can be chosen to be MOLLE mounted or Belt mounted to suit your needs. The inner carrier resembles a wallet and can be easily pulled out by either hand with their Ball Loaded Index Point or BLIP. The folded wallet design easily organizes life bleeding management products on one side and tension pneumothorax and compromised airway management products on the other. Having comfortably carried the Micro TKN on a daily basis it definitely closes the liability gap of most people’s greatest risk of a life threatening traumatic injury from crime, terrorism, or accident.
The Loadout Room encourages its readers to increase their survivability through threat awareness and preparation. We owe it to ourselves, our family, and those around us to be able to handle business when it feels like nobody is coming to help. Get your hands on the Blue Force Gear Micro Trauma Kit NOW! When paired with your choice of a commercial tourniquet, it will fit your EDC trauma medical needs in a comfortable compact no-nonsense design.