Not all sunglasses are created equal and not all sunglasses are great for every occasion. If you’re going to wear a pair of M Frames around your local watering hole, you might as well strap on an ACU CamelBak as well and mark yourself the sore thumb in the room. You want great eyewear that will blend in with your environment, but that doesn’t mean you need to wear of pair of hipster neon green knockoff Ray-Bans either.
Oakley SI heard your cry for a “all-rounder” and is taking their new line of PRIZM lenses and expanding them throughout their range of eyewear. Just launched is Oakley’s new PRIZM Maritime line of eyewear. Oakley SI are calling these their “Go anywhere, do anything” eyewear. These are definitely a more lifestyle oriented line from Oakley SI, but still have some of the same hard wearing and comfort components found in their ballistic/shooting line of glasses for the everyday operator.
The Oakley SI PRIZM Maritime come in three different models: SI VALVE, SI CHAINLINK, and SI FIVES SQUARED. All models come with new PRIZM polarized lenses and give the user options for which style they prefer. From sight casting on your favorite river, running a PSD, to grabbing a brew at your local brew house, the PRIZM Maritime look to fill a hole in the Oakley SI collection.
Get your new Oakley PRIZM Maritime eyewear here.
Features (as listed by Oakley SI):
- Prizm™ Maritime: Prizm™ Maritime Polarized reduces glare, increases contrast and clarity allowing the user to better navigate and see through the water.
- Plutonite® Lens: One of the most optically pure materials used in eyewear today, it maximizes clarity and impact resistance while filtering out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. Not a coating, the UV protection is from the lens material itself.
- High Definition Optics®: High Definition Optics® (HDO®) is a collection of patented technologies that allow Oakley eyewear to meet or exceed the testing standards of the American National Standards Institute for optical clarity, visual fidelity, and impact resistance.
- Impact Protection: Backed by decades of innovation, Oakley performance eyewear offers uncompromising protection against high-velocity and high-mass impact. The protection is a benefit of the premium materials and unique architectures of Oakley lens/frame combinations.
- UV Protection: Eye damage attributed to ultraviolet light includes cataracts, pterygium and macular degeneration. Our Plutonite® lens material filters out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. The protection is from the lens material itself.
- Three-Point Fit: A patented innovation that ensures the frame makes contact only at the bridge of the nose and the sides of the head. It holds lenses in precise optical alignment with a secure fit that eliminates the pressure points common with frames that hook the ears.
- O-Matter™: A stress-resistant frame material that withstands environmental extremes, it is lightweight yet highly durable. Controlled flexibility enhances impact resistance while contributing to the all-day comfort of frames made with this innovative synthetic.
- Iridium®: Designed to balance light transmission and reduce glare, this premium lens coating is made with superheated metal oxides. It is available in a spectrum of colors for optimizing vision in virtually any light condition.
- Unobtainium®: A soft hydrophilic synthetic, it increases adhesion when wet to grip better when you perspire. This makes it ideal for earsocks and nose pads in performance eyewear.
- Oakley HDPolarized®: Improving safety, comfort and performance, Oakley HDPolarized lenses filter out 99% of reflected glare without the haze and optical distortion that can come with polarized lenses made with conventional manufacturing techniques.
(Images Courtesy of Oakley SI)
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1