Designed for maximum protection and maximum style using firearms-industry-leading Cerokote coatings, the Oakley SI Fuel Cell is the perfect pair of protective lenses for the shooting range or when out on the town. The idea was to create clean, authentic style for those who don’t just walk the path of life, they stomp it and leave footprints. That’s what led to the Oakley Fuel Cell. The idea here is unflinching originality and a smooth look. All this while exceeding ANSI Standard Z87.1 for eye protection from impacts and ultraviolet light.
Frame colors available: Desert Sage and Iridium Black
Lens colors available: Amber Polarized, Black Iridium, Black Iridium Polarized, Clear, G30 (red), Grey, Grey Polarized, Hi-Intensity Yellow, Persimmon (orange), VR28 (blue), VR28 Polarized (blue)
Weight: 7.2 ounces
Fit and styling: Built with Oakley-patented stress-resistant O Matter® frame material, these glasses are constructed for all-day use with minimal fatigue. The variety of lens options available allows the end user to get the exact lens for the environment they will be in. From Arctic snow to desert tan to scrub grass, Oakley makes a lens to cover most environments the user could encounter. Strong enough for the range or a military deployment, but stylish enough for the family picnic or beach, if you like a wider, fuller-framed pair of sunglasses, then these are for you.
- Dual lens Polaric Ellipsoid™ geometry (two lenses cut from one single toric shield)
- Optical precision and impact resistance meet or exceed Z87.1 optical and basic impact standards
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens material that filters out 100 percent of UVA/UVB/UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium® lens coating (optional)
- 11 available lens shades
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter® frame material
- Carefully painted and cured Cerakote™ Generation II firearm coatings
- Enhanced durability, wear and corrosion resistance, and reduced near-infared (NIR) management.
- Comfort and performance of a three-point fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Gunmetal icon accents
Application: If you spend any amount of time out in the sun, you need these. The ability of the lenses to filter UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light makes these glasses invaluable. You only get one set of eyes, and protecting them should be a high priority for us all.
Pros: Style, reputation, brand durability, and availability of specialized lens types make these a can’t-miss choice in the world of eye protection.
Cons: None apparent.
Overall performance: Oakley built these to be tough and save your eyes if the need arises. Oakley’s SI Fuel Cell carries on the tradition of style meets strength, with some degree of specialization. Oakley’s SI Labs department takes this task to heart, evident in their torture tests. Eye protection is serious business—the human eye, while pleasant to look at and through, is amazingly fragile. Protection is paramount.
If you are in the market for a set of glasses that can take abuse yet still be stylish, the Oakley SI Fuel Cell Cerakote should be on your list. Using a very popular and durable firearms coating on the frames only makes sense; we trust Cerakote for our duty weapons, so why not trust it for our other protective products? You can order these glasses several places online—they aren’t exclusive to the military, but they were originally designed with the military and private military contractors in mind. Check out www.oakleysi.com for details.