The Osprey Flap Jack Pack is designed to make life as convenient and comfortable as possible; an aim that it achieves admirably with its numerous storage options and exceptional levels of padding and adaptability. I like the pack due to it’s low profile and the ability to take it from the city streets to the back woods for a day hike. I added the velcro and skull patch just for the cool factor.
Osprey themselves were founded in 1974, and have been focused since day one on making high performance packs and gear, to aid adventure in, and the exploration of, the great outdoors. Whether you’re interested in a leisurely stroll, a twenty-mile hike, climbing, ski and snowboarding, or, of course, cycling, Osprey have the pack that will accommodate exact needs.
Both the straps and back of the bag have been optimized to deliver excellent load bearing, while also allowing for optimal ventilation; the best of both worlds, with no compromise on either. The customary Osprey attention to detail is also present in the choice of materials, all chosen to deliver lightweight strength and comfort. The pack is rounded off with a carry handle.
In conclusion, this bag combines the quality features and long-lasting materials you expect from an Osprey bag, with the utility that only comes from a truly well-thought-out design. This bag will remain an essential part of your commute and outdoor adventures for years to come. The side pocket is ideal for a 27oz Kleen Kanteen water bottle or Camelbak water bottle.
- Top-loading design features an over sized flap to cover and protect pack; flap secures with 2 quick-release clips and adjustable, interchangeable webbing straps
- Add a bit of personality to the pack by changing out the webbing straps between 3 of the included color choices: mix and match as you please between brown, red and gray straps
- Main compartment swallows up binders, files, books, a change of clothes or lunch while the internal padded computer sleeve secures a laptops with up to a 15.4 in. screen
- Easily reach under the top flap or flip it up to gain access to either the zippered front pocket or the deep slash pocket with organizer panel and key clip
- Features padded shoulder straps with adjustable sternum strap and easy-adjust webbing waist belt; padded back panel with air-mesh increases the comfort factor
- Pack is constructed from tough 900-denier polyester that’s treated with a Durable Water Repellent that causes water to bead up and roll off
- Internal drawcord weather closure helps keep the elements from sneaking in under the flap
- Integrated loop allows convenient attachment of rear bike light (sold separately); reflective hits on pack increase visibility
- Top grab handle facilitates easy off-back carrying
- Measures 13 by 17 by 9 inches (W x H x D)
- 1,526-cubic-inch, 25-liter capacity
- One-pound, 15-ounce weight
Get it today on Amazon for about $99.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1