Boot makers Meindl, who are based in Germany, have been producing boots for over three hundred years. The Kobra is a lightweight 8″ boot, in fact I would say they are ultra lightweight. The Meindl Kobra GTX boots are Gortex-lined and made from high quality full grain leather. The sole of the boot is made using the Contagrip system, which protects the foot while also offering excellent grip. As the boot is ultra light, it has a sports shoe feel about it which means there is little or no breaking them in. The high ankle also offers good support while keeping the elements out, and they are fully waterproof.
These boots are designed for rugged terrain and urban environments.
What the manufacturer says:
- The non-slip sole profile ensures optimum grip and prevents you from slipping, even in extreme trail running terrain
- Meindl Contagrip® sole – the pros on rough terrain
- The sole is based on a nylon heel cup that offers high stability and strength.
- Midsole and shank stabiliser across the entire
- Non-slip rubber tread with integrated traction control.
- Tread design and flex system with optimum positioning of studs to support the rolling heel-to-toe movement.
- Contagrip trail runners allow outstanding control, even in extreme conditions
- Special last – wide stance but flat forefoot
- High lateral and twisting stability thanks to shank stabiliser
- Thin mid sole so you can feel the ground under your shoes
- Secure fit
- Extremely stable heel fixation
- Tailored sole concept
- Upper: Waterproof Leather
- Lining: Gore-tex Extended Comfort Footwear
- Footbed: Air-ACTIVE
- Sole: Meindl Contagrip Trail
- Height: 9″ from sole to top of ankle cuff
- Average weight per pair 1280g
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1