Once and awhile while searching the internet, you come across a really cool product. A product that’s not only made in the USA, but made with repurposed material by an American firefighter. Recycled Firefighter, as the name implies, uses anything from decommissioned fire hose, to old nomex clothing and discarded combat boot leather. They produce some innovative products that not only support an American entrepreneur but have an interesting history as well.
I prefer to carry a slim wallet in my front pocket and opted for the “Sergeant” model from Recycled Firefighter. Because of it’s simple, durable design, this handmade recycled combat boot leather wallet has found it’s way into my EDC. In addition, Recycled Firefighter offers traditional bifold wallets using various materials such as leather, hypalon and firehose. Some additional products include notebook covers, bags and EDC swag.
Specs courtesy of recycled firefighter.com:
- Made from whole hides of American Military Boot Leather
- Sewn with T-90 nylon thread
- Edged with 1″ Mil-Spec Nylon Ribbon
- Slim yet durable
- Holds 4-8 cards, depending on the unique nature of the leather
- 1.5″ Mil-Spec Elastic Cash Strap (cash folded into thirds)
- Fire & Water Resistant Leather
- Registered Multicam and Multicam Arid Pattern Binding
Take a look at Jake’s website and help support a firefighter with a knack for making some pretty cool products from repurposed fire fighting gear. USA, USA, USA!
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1