We all know it IS possible to build a 450hp Honda Civic, but that takes time, money, and knowledge. Sometimes you don’t want to, don’t know how to, or aren’t patient enough to go through all of that. Sometimes you’ve worked hard, saved your money and know what you want. That pinnacle Audi S7 has loads of power, performance, and luxury. Meet the Audi S7 in rifle form, the Roughneck 10. It’s not the rifle you need, nor the one you buy on a whim, but it may be the one you never need or want to modify and will certainly flaunt.
Just like the Audi S7, the Roughneck 10 delivers more than enough power for most users. The venerable .308 Winchester round spits from a hand-lapped stainless Lilja barrel that begins at Roughneck as a blank and is matched to the specific bolt your rifle arrives with. It may not have leather seating, but the Roughneck 10 does have hand-matched and fitted receivers and hand-reamed and finished takedown and pivot pin holes. Not even Audi can claim that level of personal attention in the build of their automobiles.
We’ll post the rest of the build specs below because you won’t find them on the Roughneck Website. Part of why those specs aren’t readily available is because these rifles truly are custom. They are built when ordered as ordered. Continuing our parallel to the Audi S7, this might just be more than the equivalent in rifle form. We’ll head out to the range with some high-octane ammunition and find out.
- Barrel: Lilja 3 groove hand lapped stainless blank. 1:10 Twist (we’ve done a few 1:8 twist to push the limits). Just like the 5.56 rifles, these are chambered and turned to a specific bolt. RF10 is stamped on every barrel next to the barrel nut.
- Gas Block: Odin Works adjustable gas block. We do offer the Roughneck gas block on these rifles as well, but use an adjustable for rifles under 18″ that are intended to be suppressed.
- Gas System: Mid Length on the 16″, and rifle on the 18″
- Muzzle device: Lantac Dragon DGN762B
- Handguard: 15″ Midwest MLOK Handguard. Currently designing a Roughneck 10 handguard.
- BCG: Black nitride coated BCG – Full mass with forward assist serrations.
- Receivers: 7075 T6 Billet Aluminum. All hand matched prior to Cerakote. The takedown and pivot pin holes are finish reamed by hand.
- Safety Selector: Battle Arms BAD-CASS
- Mag Release: Battle Arms
- Trigger: Geissele SSA
- Grip: Magpul MOE+
- Buttstock: B5 SOPMOD (PRS or MOE Rifle) upon request
- Buffer and Springs: DPMS style carbine buffer and SPRINCO .308 Spring
- Charging handle: Mil-Spec with the enhanced latch.
- Coatings: Barrel – High temp cerakote. Receivers, Handguard, Buffer Tube – Cerakote Burnt Bronze (Also available in OD Green, Roughneck Grey, FDE, and Type III Hard Coat Anodized Black)
- All rifles come with a custom cut hard case, two mags, and a FrogLube kit.
- MSRP – $3800