Slumberjack’s Incog Down Jacket does many things well. Water resistance, weight, loft, and design are all excellent. I live in the Great Northwest. With the unpredictable weather here, this jacket is a year-round necessity. Even in the summer, you need a jacket for the pre-dawn chill. This is a perfect three season softshell outer or winter intermediate layer for any outdoor activity.
Slumberjack is famous for their sleeping bags. When I heard that Slumberjack was making clothing, I expected high quality and great design and I was not disappointed. The Incog puffy jacket’s hi-loft fill is comparable to Slumberjack’s sleeping bag products. Drawstrings at the waist seal out cold air leaving the jacket loose-fitting without bulk.
The outer cover is made of water-resistant 400T down-proof rip-stop “Quiet-touch” brushed fabrics which reduces noise. The 600 Fill power Dri-down insulation is light, warm PRO insulation is used in the shoulders and collar improves weather resistance and durability while wearing a pack. Features include a micro-fiber collar and chin guard for comfort and inside the pocket hidden drawstrings for a perfect fit.
The compression of the material provides great pack-ability. The Incog fits into its own left pocket for easy storage and is soft enough to use as a pillow. The cut of the jacket is ample for kayaking or climbing, any activity which requires upper body movement.
There is a chest pocket, two hand warming pockets and generous carry pockets inside the jacket. There is no hood, which is perfect for me. It reduces the bulk. I hate the confinement and loss of peripheral vision of hoods.
The Incog comes in the Perception DST (Disruptive Shadow Technology) camouflage pattern. Designed by Vince Mares, a former paratrooper in the Army’s 82nd Airborne, it is inspired by natural foliage shadows and negative spaces. Slumberjack’s Disruptive Shadow Technology blends sharp outlines with blurred, shadow-like shapes effectively disrupting the human form at long range or up close. Creating an illusion through a depth of field and color adaptation, it blends with varied terrain.
- Perception DST camouflage with “Disruptive Shadow Technology” provides next-generation concealment
- 600 Fill Power 80/20 Dri-Down – industry leading hydrophobic down insulation stays drier longer & dries faster than untreated down
- “Quiet-touch” brushed fabrics reduce noise
- Fabric Shell: 400T down-proof ripstop brushed polyester with DWR is lightweight & water resistant
- SlumberLoft-PRO insulation used in shoulders and collar to improve durability and weather resistance
- Jacket stuffs into left pocket for transport & provides a pillow for spike camp
- Microfiber lined collar & chin guard improve comfort & warmth
- Zippered handwarmer pockets & large chest pocket keep high touch items within reach
- Elastic-bound cuffs & drawcord hem enhance thermal performance
- Two large internal drop pockets
- Warm, lightweight, compact & water resistant
- Para-cord zipper pulls allow for easy “gloves on” operation
- Weight: 18.2 oz / 517 g
- Insulation: Dri-Down 600FP
- Zippers: #7 reverse coil
- Exterior Pockets: 3
- Interior Pockets: 2 large drop pockets
- Primary Shell Fabric: 400T Rip-stop down-proof brushed polyester with DWR
Slumberjack’s Incog Down Jacket has earned a place in my rucksack for any adventure. It has been with me in the mountains and on the water. The hydrophobic Dridown and synthetic insulation keep you warm and dry when it is cold and wet. The Incog packs up and layers easily and the relaxed athletic fit make it great as a layering piece or as outerwear.
You can get your very own InCog Jacket DST HERE MSRP $139.95
For over 50 years Slumberjack has led the outdoor industry, innovating newer and better ways to provide outdoor enthusiasts and sportsman with a great night’s sleep in the outdoors. Their broad assortment of tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, camp furniture and accessories provide a range of solutions designed to keep you comfortable while sleeping under the stars.