If you have been shooting for any period of time you have probably gone through a few different range bags before settling on one. Me personally, I have two different range bag setups. I have one for when I travel for firearms training and another for when I go to my local indoor range. This review is going to be on the smaller range bag and setup I use when going to my local indoor shooting range.
The bag I have chosen is the All Purpose bag by SPEC-OPS brand. I prefer a range bag to have some organization, but not too much. I take the minimalist approach instead of having a bag with a ton of pockets. It’s just easier for me to get to things quicker. The SPEC-OPS All Purpose bag does just that. It has only 3 compartments which is plenty for your daily range sessions.
The center pocket I use for my handgun, extra magazines, ear pro, and eye pro. I also keep some spare batteries for my ear pro.
The two side pockets are both full length pockets which maximizes storage capacity. In the one side I keep my boxes of 9mm ammunition. I’ve been able to easily fit several 50 round boxes of 9mm range ammo. In this picture I’ve got a few 100 round packs.
On the opposite side I keep several items. Think of this as my possibles pouch.
- Old school M16 cleaning kit pouch which contains my minimalist cleaning kit for the 9mm, Glock take down tool, front site tool, spare recoil spring and rod assembly, and my stock Glock barrel.
- Trauma kit – SWAT-T tourniquet and Z fold combat gauze held together via a ranger band
- Deck of playing cards to shoot
- Masking tape for taping up targets and repairing targets
- 2 different sharpie markers
From the manufactures website (www.specopsbrand.com)
- Double accessory gear loops with bar-tack reinforcements.
- “Silencer” zipper pulls – ultra quiet, ultra functional (fast and easy to use with gloves and when wet).
- Nylon web carry handles, anchored with double bar-tacks.
- “Full length” side pockets.
- No exposed stitching on bottom (eliminates premature wear).
- Double stitched zippers and seam-tape.
- Rounded edges for easier in / out of large packs.
- Cordura® 1000D. Nylon fabric.
- Nylon webbing, YKK® zipper and slider, National Molding hardware, 1″ seam tape and nylon thread ensure the highest degree of quality and durability.
- Premium quality, lifetime guarantee.
- Bag Dimensions: 7″ high, 11″ wide x 8″ thick. Main Compartment: 7″ high x 11″ wide x 4″ thick @ 308 cubic inches. Side Pockets – 2 ea: 5″ high x 11″ wide x 2″ thick @ 110 cubic inches. Total Capacity: 528 cubic inches.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1