Week one is in the books and the top two are each receiving $100 each along with increasing their chances of winning the Grand Prize. This weeks challenge is a modification of one of the most popular shooting skills of all time, the Mozambique Drill. Better known in the military community as two to the chest, one to the head.
Although it may go by other names, we’ll call this the “Triple Mozambique Drill.” The shooter will use IDPA targets set at 5, 10, and 15 yards. The shooter will load three magazines of three rounds each. At the signal the shooter will fire two rounds to the body and one to the head on target 1, reload, shoot two rounds to the body and one to the head on target 2, reload, and finally shoot two rounds to the body and one to the head on target three. Time stops when the last round has been fired.
In total, you will fire 9 rounds with two reloads. As with last week, dropping rounds outside of the “0” ring will constitute -0.1 second and -0.3 second penalties. With an emphasis on accuracy and headshots, a missing headshot will result in a -0.5 second penalty. A complete miss of the target will also result in a -0.5 second penalty.
Scores are determined by total shooting time, plus any accrued time penalties.
How to compete, record your results, and win cash and the Grand Prize SIG 320:
- Sign-up for CompeteNow (100% free). If you’ve already signed up and competed, thank you and best of luck.
- Once signed up, join the Loadout Room’s Group. – You will see the first weeks challenge and this weeks Triple Mozambique Challenge. Follow the directions above.
- Go out and shoot.
- Prove it! – Post a video to Loadout Room TV. We’re not worried if you had your buddy video you with their Iphone or you used professional equipment, just show us the goods and how fast you really are.
- One we’ve approved your video and made it live on the site, post your results on CompeteNow.com with the link to the video.
- Submission for week one will end at 11:59 EST on November 9th 2015.
*If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask us in the comments below. This is our first competition of this type and there will surly be some wrinkles to iron out. We look forward to see some very fast times. Stay tuned for announcement of winners and next weeks competition.