The HUSKY 2.0 is the larger version of the personal pocket maximizers manufactured by Vanquest Gear. This is an EDC zippered pouch designed to organize a variety of personal gear and fit in your cargo pants or jacket pockets with ease. Made from a water-repellent Cordura material, this pouch is extremely durable and lightweight. The HUSKY 2.0 is even made with a RFID-blocking composite fabric so you don’t have to worry about having your personal information swiped or stolen from you. Each product designed by Vanquest is made with durable and abrasion-resistant RC-Class YKK zippers, so this means the user can utilize personal paracord zipperpulls or ITW ZipLine loops.
Vanquest Gear has recently made many improvements to the HUSKY 2.0 since its release in early 2017. These upgrades include 2 easy access front and back slip pockets for a small notebook of your choosing and a total of 16 elastic webbing slots to help organize a variety of tools. Utilizing the signature Maximizer staggered/offset elastic loops, you get more use of the internal space than other pouches using elastic webbing with shared stitches. Think of this as a layering effect. Instead of just being able to use the loops and fasteners for one single item, you can add a second dimension and layer a tool on top of another tool, provided it will fit. Vanquest Maximizer’s offset/staggered elastic loops eliminate bulge and wasted space created by traditional shared stitching. You can now stack objects upon each other more efficiently while saving space. The HUSKY 2.0 can be attached onto any MOLLE surface for a multitude of carry options. Below are some more specifications provided by Vanquest.com
- Size: 6.5” (H) x 4.75” (W) x 1” (D)
- One external and two internal storage pockets with 16 elastic webbing slots
- Staggered and off-set stitching on elastic webbing reduces unusable space
- Grab handle eases hand carry and removing from pockets
- 5” double hook keychain removable tether and two 1” paracord attachment loops
- 2” (H) x 3.25” (W) ID/Morale patch loop panel on front
- MOLLE/PALS webbing on rear for modular attachment
- Compatible with MOLLE Sticks and MOHL Adapter Panel for loop panel attachment
- MSRP is $28.99
- 1,000-D Military grade Cordura® fabric with water-repellent Teflon® fabric protector by DuPont®
- Subdued Hi-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon interior.
- Durable & abrasion resistant RC-Class YKK® #8 zippers, reversed for protection.
- Circular user-friendly zipper loops made of paracord
- High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
- Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread
With the Vanquest Gear HUSKY 2.0, you now have a modular EDC gadget pouch that offers the utmost organization. I have taken some photos of a standard EDC carry setup. It’s pretty basic, a small pocket knife, a lighter, 550 paracord, small handcuff key and wrist compass. Again just a few items to get you out of trouble and to show how each item can fit into a small pocket organizer. I have a few EDC pouches from Vanquest, and it’s always great seeing a product with a combination of superior materials and workmanship.
Author – Chandler Brookins is a former US Navy Veteran with multiple deployments to SE Asia and The Middle East, while attached to many Tier 1 Special Operation Groups. Chandler has also served as a Dallas Police Officer for 3 years, before focusing his efforts on civilian SERE training and security assessments.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1