Quality, Tough, a Lesson in Craftsmanship
You deserve the most durable and functional backpack for your next journey. Vanquest is the company you should choose to supply that backpack, IFAK, day-pack, messenger bag, organizer, or whatever bag you can dream up. They are tough, durable, quality, and a lesson in craftsmanship. This particular bag, the Vanquest Markhor 45, is available in wolf grey, black, and coyote tan.
The Markhor 45 backpack internal frame shouts quality to you the second your fingers touch the material, buckles, and straps. The zippers are strong, easy to pull, and durable. It has an adjustable, 5-position, shoulder harness with a stiff and padded lumbar support.
A Compatible Backpack
The Markhor 45 backpack is hydration compatible and has Cordura reinforced frame pockets where you’ll find a poly-carbonate frame inside. Outside you’ll find a removable, reversible, beaver-tail. Flipping over the beaver-tail you’ll find Molle attachments to fit your “tactical” needs. Inside the beaver-tail, you’ll find a smartly placed and generously sized map pocket.
When you start to fill the Vanquest Markhor 45 backpack you realize you have space to lay down and relax inside the 45-liter capacity! This pack is the big-boy and meant to allow you to take it with you. If you’re heading out to rough it, hunt, explore, or fulfill a mission this bag allows you to have what you need, take a beating, and be versatile enough to fit the myriad of things different people want to take with them.
A Backpack that Stands up to Wear and Tear
The Markhor 45 backpack is a tough bag made from 1,000-D Mil-Grade Cordura fabric on the bottom and 500-D Cordura for the body which is then treated with Durable Water Repellent. Again, the attention to detail and craftsmanship is apparent. The bright orange interior acts like a light when digging around inside in a low light. The buckles, adjustable tool loops, and ELASTO Gear Locks work great at securing your axes, trekking poles, tri-pod, shooting pods, or whatever it is that meets your needs to the pack. This bag is rugged and easy to customize.
Comfortable Weight Distribution
The Markhor 45 backpack from Vanquest is padded where it needs to be and is fully adjustable to fit little or big folks well.
The padded shoulders, lumbar, load lifters and the placement of it all just works. The Markhor 45 is built solid while maintaining a design that allows full access.
Beaver-tail and D.A.M. (Durable Arms Management) System
The Beaver-tail is smartly designed and allows you to quickly and easily secure a myriad of different rifle platforms to the bag, including those with sensitive and valuable optics. Watch here to see the features of the bag and how to secure a rifle.
Buy Once, Cry Once
Take a trip over to Vanquest and see for yourself the myriad of options for bags that are available to you and buy the Vanquest bag when your other bags wear out. Your other bags will fail, they will wear out. When they do, Vanquest will be ready for you to start telling people about the tough gear that takes a beating and value that matches price products that they offer. Spend the money and cry once, not twice when a product fails.
Backpack Specs & Features
- Total Pack Capacity: 45 Liters
- Net Weight: 6 pounds | 2722 grams
- Overall Exterior Size (Fully Extended): 28″ (H) x 15″ (W) x 8.5″ (D)
- Main Compartment (Interior): 26″ (H) x 12″ (W) x 6″ (D)
- Outer Bottom Zippered Pocket (Interior): 8″ (H) x 11″ (W) x 5″ (D)
- Top Zipper Pocket 1 (Interior): 5″ (H) x 9.5″ (W) x 1.5″ (D)
- Top Zipper Pocket 2 (Interior): 9″ (H) x 10.5″ (W) x 2.5″ (D)
- Beaver Tail (Exterior): 12” (H) x 11” (W)
- Beaver Tail Map Pocket (Interior): 12” (H) x 8.5″ (W)
- Hydration / Laptop Sleeve (Interior): 16.5″ (H) x 11.5″ (W)
- Zippered Mesh Pocket 1 (Interior): 5″ (H) x 11.5″ (W) x 1.5″ (D)
- Zippered Mesh Pocket 2 (Interior): 6.5″ (H) x 11.5″ (W) x 1.5″ (D)
- Reversible and removable Beaver Tail with two different sides: “Sport” (shock cord field with Duck Foot for retention) and “Tactical” (Cordura MOLLE-Air panel w/loop face and map pocket)
- Durable Arms Management system to carry your rifle or bow
- Padded main compartment with loop and MOLLE-Air panel for custom attachment & ladder webbing
- Three grab handles (backside top and sides)
- Four side compression straps plus Beaver Tail compression for weight management
- Padded shoulder straps adjustable for torso length with load lifters & sternum strap w/ integrated whistle
- Removable molded internal frame for comfortable carry
- Removable padded waist belt with pull forward adjustment
- Main compartment fits 100 oz. / 3-Liter hydration bladder or 2018 15″ Mac Book Pro laptop
- Low profile Hypalon MOLLE-Air panel on sides for MOLLE attachment
- Bottom attachment webbing for sleep systems or ground pads
- Adjustable tool loops and ELASTO Gear Locks secure axes, trekking poles, tripods or other gear
- Flag/morale loop field on front for ID
- Materials: 1,000-D Mil-grade Cordura® fabric on the bottom and 500-D Cordura® for the body treated with Durable Water Repellant
- Ergonomically shaped Poly-carbonate internal frame
- High-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon interior.
- Durable RC-Class YKK® lockable zippers, reversed for protection.
- Heat, chemical and UV stable Hypalon MOLLE-Air attachment system
- Mil-grade ITW® and UTX-Duraflex® hardware made from high tensile strength Acetal polymer.
- Main zipper pull (Zipline Orbit) made by ITW-Nexus
- Spartan Zipper pulls
- High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
- Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to join SOFREP now for just $0.50/week.