When I think of EDC items, I envision a watch, wallet, maybe a small knife and or pistol. However, I’ve seen posts on forums where people show what they carry every day and it’s astonishing. And sometimes completely unrealistic. A full size pistol, 2 double stack magazines, a fighting knife, hatchet, medical kit, gas mask, fire starter and a reserve parachute. Really? It would be nice to bring the kitchen sink with you at all times but let’s be practical. All these items won’t fit in my jean pockets. And I’m not wearing a pair of loaded down cargo pants. Just not my style. I’ve often considered a sling or messenger type bag but kept flashing back to that episode of Seinfeld and his European Cary All. Until I was sent the new Vanquest Mobius 2.0 VPacker.
This next generation gear bag might be just what the doctor ordered. I’ve always been interested in photography but carrying around a big Digital SLR, lens and flash everyday became tedious. And let’s be honest, the iPhone 7 can really take some amazing pictures. So I ditched the heavy gear and added a small drone that can capture stunning 4k video from above. The Vanquest Mobius 2.0 is the perfect bag to haul this little bird around along with my recently expanded EDC kit. In the video above, you will see how the Vanquest Mobious 2.0 easily contains and organizes my gear.
While on the road in my work truck, I use the passenger seat headrest to sling the Vanquest Mobious 2.0. Allowing me easy access to the contents while driving or parked. Having this type of bag has allowed me to be more vigilant with my EDC items. In the past, on days where a holstered weapon would prove to be uncomfortable, I’ve been lazy about carrying it opting for only a knife. Terrible excuse but I know we’ve all been there. Having the storage space and organizational pockets found on the Vanquest Mobius 2.0 to carry everything I desire (plus some) has been a nice change.
Additionally, a generous amount of interior velcro allows the owner to add any of the Vanquest accessory attachments at will. Further adding to the already versatile EDC bag. The front outer zippered pocket is designed to organize medical gear with various elastic bands and a bungee cord. The top pocket is sized to fit an iPhone 6/7 Plus and is lined with high-vis orange fleece for scratch protection. With 27 slots and pockets, there is enough organization to accommodate most EDC users. But if that’s not enough, there is ample MOLLE attachment points on the outside of the Mobious 2.0. Competitively priced at $86.99, anyone looking for a solid EDC bag or mini bug-out bag should seriously consider the Vanquest Mobius 2.0.
Vanquest Mobius 2.0 Specs courtesy of vanquest.com
● NEW: Ambidextrous design with removable shoulder strap for left or right-side user-selectable carry.
● NEW: Ambidextrous & collapsible bottle pockets fits 1-Liter Nalgene bottles with elastic cord retention
● NEW: Top compartment with high-visibility soft fleece lining, fits iPhone 6 Plus or similar smartphones (depending on protective casing)
● NEW: Built-in elastic cord medical organization & Maximizer elastic webbing inside front compartment. Added hook & loop closure in front exterior pocket
● NEW: Out of sight rear CCW compartment with loop attachment and enlarged opening (Also fits the latest iPad & iPad Air)
● NEW: Loop-Faced MOLLE-Air structure for MOLLE accessory & morale patch attachment
● NEW: Two gusseted slip pockets for quick access to multi-tool, flashlight, etc.● Net Weight: 2.20 pounds (1000-D Cordura®)
● Net Weight: 2.10 pounds (500-D MultiCam & MultiCam-Black Cordura®)
● Total Capacity: 11.5 Liters
● Main Compartment (Interior): 10″ (H) x 8.25″ (W) x 5″ (D)
● Front Compartment (Interior): 8.5″ (H) x 7″ (W) x 1.75″ (D)
● Top Compartment (Interior): 4″ (H) x 6.5″ (W) x 1″ (D)
● Side Compartments (Interior): 7” (H) x 4.5 (W) x 2” (D)
● Collapsible Side Bottle Pockets (Interior): 8″ (H) x 4″ (W) x 2″ (D)
● Rear CCW Compartment (Minimum): 10.25” (H) x 14″ top – 7″ bottom (W). 9″ opening with lockable zipper (Fits iPad & iPad Air)
● Lightweight 210-D Ripstop Nylon storm cover in main compartment
● Neoprene handle for comfortable hand carry
● MOLLE/PALS webbings for accessory attachment
● 1,000-D Mil-grade Cordura® fabric with water-repellent Teflon® fabric protector by DuPont® (500-D on MultiCam & MultiCam-Black Cordura®)
● Genuine MADE-IN-USA MultiCam® & MultiCam-Black Cordura® by Crye Precision™
● Lightweight & moisture resistant 210-D Ripstop nylon
● Durable RC-Class YKK® lockable zippers, reversed for protection
● MOLLE-compatible attachment system with PALS webbing
● Lightweight MOLLE-Air structure for MOLLE accessory attachment
● Mil-grade ITW® and UTX-Duraflex® hardware made from high tensile strength Acetal polymer
● Circular zipper loops made of paracord
● High tensile strength nylon webbings and binding tapes
● Finished with high tensile strength bonded nylon thread
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO CONTINUE READING.
Your subscription is important and supports our editorial integrity and our 100% veteran writing team. Advertisers these days are afraid of being associated with controversial news outlets, like us, that take a stand. Your subscription is vital to ensuring we can continue to publish the courageous apolitical news we are known and respected for as former combat veterans.Subscribe or login