Well it’s almost time for SHOT Show 2017. Those of you that are going know how busy this past few weeks have been. Everything from travel plans, scheduling meetings with multiple vendors and mapping out your overall plan for the week of SHOT Show. One of the most common pieces of gear worn at any convention is the ID Holder. Most vendors will pass these things out like giving candy to children on Halloween. Well I’m a sucker for quality gear and that includes things as simple as an ID holder.
Out of the many companies out there that produce these, Vanquest caught my eye. We have reviewed a few products from Vanquest previously on the Loadout Room. The ID holder that they produce is a step above most. Enter the Vanquest Traverse. The Traverse has many features built into it making it handy not only for conventions, but also for the world traveler.
The Vanquest Traverse ID Holder has an internal pocket that is lined to block RFID scanning. The pocket is large enough to fit a passport, slimline wallet or any credit cards with the new chip technology. With the Traverse you can travel worry free knowing a hacker isn’t going to grab your personal identity or financial information wirelessly.
The backside of the Traverse ID Holder has 3 elastic retention bands and a small pocket. The elastic retention loops make a good place to store a few Zebra pens and a small flashlight. The pocket on the bottom section could be used for holding either your business cards or the cards of vendors you may visit at SHOT Show.
Specifications and Materials (courtesy of vanquest.com):
● Net Weight: 3.3 oz | 96.4 gram (1,000-D Cordura)
● Overall Size: 7.5″ (H) x 5.5″ (W)
● Front Layer #1: 5″ (W) x 5″ (H) slot with clear ID window (not RFID-blocking)
● Front Layer #2: 5″ (W) x 5.5″ (H) RFID-blocking slot for passport
● Front Layer #3: 5″ (W) x 2.5″ (H) RFID-blocking high-viz slot for credit cards
● Back Layer #4: 5″ (W) x 6″ (H) RFID-blocking slot
● Back Layer #5: 5″ (W) x 2.75″ (H) slot (not RFID-blocking)
● RFID-blocking security feature prevents unauthorized access to personal data stored in RFID chips found in your credit cards, security cards, and passports
● 1,000D Military-grade CORDURA® fabric with water-repellent TEFLON® fabric protector by DuPont®
● Genuine MultiCam® by Crye Precision™
● VANQUEST RFID-blocking composite fabric
● High-visibility, lightweight & moisture resistant 210D RipStop nylon interior lining.
Order a Vanquest Traverse ID Holder now so you can get it in time for SHOT show 2017. Hope to see you there!
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to join SOFREP now for just $0.50/week.