For an all around travel assault pack, the Vertx GAMUT PLUS assault pack has it. At first glance and trying on the pack, it reminded me of an MC-4 parachute rig used for HALO operations. It feels extremely comfortable and organizes the weight in a way that doesn’t feel awkward.
Some immediate features that I noticed with the GAMUT PLUS assault pack were the ability to go from a low-pro smooth look to a “tactical” look, like I was used to in the military, allowing you to attach a variety of accessories to the front panel. The pack will also never lose its rigid frame or posture, keeping it snug and firm against your back. The material used to keep the pack rigid can also be removed and replaced with a ballistic plate, if you see fit.
The pack offers a variety ways to organize your gear. With four internal pockets, one large fully accessible compartment, twelve external pockets, and back space for a ballistic plate, the Vertx GAMUT PLUS gives you multiple options, including the MOLLE system front flap.
The pack also allows the user to stow gear externally that may not fit in the bag, such as a helmet, by using the front flap and aluminum G-hooks that tie into the bag itself as a large compartment space. The zippers that allow the front flap to be accessible are secured in place using interior zipper snaps for added security so that they do not come undone while in use.
Vertx GAMUT PLUS Specs
- Size of bag is 9″ X 14″ X 24
- Maximum capacity 35 liters
- Sized to fit a 15″ laptop in addition to a full-sized hand-gun
- Front of pack opens completely for mass accessibility
- Insert compatible reinforced internal pocket
- Full fold, loop lined concealment draw frame enables quick access to arms and opens flat for customized organization
- Dual-sized pockets feature additional storage capacity and cinch-down side pockets with elasticized straps
- Multiple internal organizational pockets
- 1919 modular webbing on shoulder straps provide additional attachment points for accessories
- Zippered, side compartmental pockets on each side of bag
- Hide-out convertible front flap acts as an additional load sling or stows away to real MOLLE field
(Featured image courtesy of loadedpocketz.com)
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to join SOFREP now for just $0.50/week.