Truck Camping 101 | Part 6 | Keeping equipment dry – Yeti Panga 75
Inclement weather can rain on your parade at any point while living in the outdoors. Being prepared with the proper equipment can make a potentially miserable situation better. Having served in the 2nd Ranger Battalion and lived in the Pacific Northwest for 12 years, I’m no stranger to being wet. In fact, South Rainier training area averages over 100 inches of rainfall annually. Part 6 of the Truck Camping series explains the importance of keeping your stuff dry. And having a dry set of clothes to change into at the end of a wet day is critical. Although new fabric technology has emerged making this task easier, the concept is still the same. Enter a new product from the king of cold, the 100% waterproof Yeti Panga 75 Duffel.
Known for their ability to keep your beverages cold for days, Yeti has continued to innovate outside the box. Utilizing some the same technology found on the Hopper coolers, Yeti has created a waterproof, bombproof duffel bag. Available in three sizes, (50l, 75l, 100l) the Yeti Panga is a great option for those that float down a river, hunt, fish, camp or anything else outdoors. Constructed from a laminated, high-density nylon called ThickSkin, the Panga duffel remains impenetrable to nature’s wrath. Access to the Pangas contents is via a HydroLok zipper. Similar to the zippers on commercial drysuits, the HydroLok zipper is guaranteed to keep water out of the Panga duffel as well. In fact, the Panga duffel is fully submersible. Additionally, a closed Panga will float in the event of a capsized boat or raft.
Panga 75 Duffel specs courtesy of yeti.com
- Capacity: 75 liters
- Dimensions: 23.5″ long, 14″ wide, 10″ tall
- Weight: 6.1 lbs
- EVA molded bottom provides a sturdy and waterproof landing pad for the Panga
- THICKSKIN™ SHELL: Laminated, high-density nylon is nearly impenetrable to nature’s assaults
- STOWAWAY MESH POCKETS: Two easy-to-access mesh pockets keep your valuables safely tucked away
- HYDROLOK™ ZIPPER: This is where the magic happens. Water stays out. Everything inside stays dry
- METALLOCK™ HARDWARE: Tough-as-nails, simple-as-rocks
- QUICKGRAB™ LASH POINTS: Gear up quickly. Six total lash points are designed for versatile carrying strategies
- DRYHAUL™ STRAPS: Comfortable and durable – whether it’s strapped to you or the horse.
- MSRP $349.99
Although the weather on our last truck camping trip was unseasonably warm and dry, having all our clothes packed into the Yeti Panga 75 was good piece of mind. This latest trip to the tip of the Leelanau Peninsula with my wife included a long weekend kayaking along the shores of Lake Michigan. The fall colors were beautiful and the temperature reached into the 70’s. Loading our kayaks on an uneven waters edge was made easier with the sturdy EVA base. Additionally, two built in adjustable shoulder straps with MetalLock hardware made hauling the gear from our Tepui tent to the kayaks a snap. Freeing up our hands for carrying additional paddle gear.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to join SOFREP now for just $0.50/week.