Jim West said that he has been hit over the head with a beer bottle several times over the years, either on the forehead or to the back of the head. Expect the bottle to break, and for the label to hold the glass together, which can result in multiple cuts. If you choose to pick up a bottle to fight, Jim recommends holding it and hitting with it in a very specific way. Jim West also illustrates a good fighting stance for such an occasion. Instead of the typical A-frame, bring your elbows in closer to protect vital areas.
About the Author
Desiree Huitt Desiree Huitt is an Army Veteran serving 11 years as a Military Intelligence officer and prior to OCS as a combat medic. She is a graduate from the University of Texas in Austin with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Middle Eastern Studies.
More From SOFREP
- Watch: Stand & Fight with Jim West- Fighting with a beer bottle and a solid defensive stance
- Watch: Stand & Fight with Jim West—Getting out of a headlock
- Watch: Stand & Fight with Jim West- Using your body’s natural defenses
- Watch: Stand & Fight with Jim West- Learn how to ‘put them out of business’
- Watch: Stand & Fight with Jim West—defensive knife-fighting techniques
- Watch: Stand & Fight with Jim West- “In a street fight, always go for the groin!”