One of the benefits of writing for The Loadout Room is the ability to test and review some of the industry’s newest and cutting edge products. Vertx has provided me with an interesting piece of kit that will appeal to the CIA, Executive Security, James Bond types. Designed for situations requiring the need to pack a tuxedo as well as a Short Barreled Rifle, the Vertx Professional Rifle Garment Bag is the best bet.
Although a relatively new company, Vertx’s heritage is born on the shoulders of Fechheimer Brothers. A company founded in 1842. Fechheimer Brothers has manufactured uniforms for America’s military and public safety professionals for over 175 years. Specializing in low-vis clothing, conceal carry bags and packs, the Professional Rifle Garment Bag from Vertx is no exception.
Clad in durable 1680 Denier Ballistic Nylon, this heavy-duty garment bag is built more like a rifle bag. Oh, wait, it is a rifle bag…that can also carry a business suit. This versatile bag will accommodate up to a 28″ rifle. And the reinforced padded front panel mitigates any printing of what lurks beneath. Laser cut MOLLE compatible VELCRO lines the rifle compartment to not only help secure the rifle, but add additional Tactigami holsters or mag pouches. Rapid access to this innovative rifle compartment is accomplished by grasping the over-sized EDC zipper pull. Which is a common feature of Vertx EDC bags and packs.
Let’s not forget that the Professional Rifle Garment Bag is still a fully featured bag capable of hauling your finest of threads. Leather wrapped reinforced carry handle, a padded shoulder strap and aluminum G hook compression straps are just a few of the attributes that set this bag apart from the crowd. Additionally, a Y-shaped zipper provides a large opening to access hanging clothing. A detachable steel chain and hook securely mount the garment bag to the back of a door. Finally, a coated stainless steel cable in the top of the garment bag allows it to be locked in a vehicle, preventing a smash and grab.
Vertx Professional Rifle Garment Bag specs courtesy of vertx.com
- Accommodates rifles up to 28” overall length
- Padded front panel to prevent printing of weapon
- Laser cut MOLLE compatible VELCRO®-lined quick deployment platform
- EDC pull for rapid access to weapon
- Front Inverted pleat pocket with two mesh admin pockets in the interior
- Coated braided stainless steel cable for securing bag to fixed position and prevent smash and grab theft
- Shoulder pad with gripper to secure bag in place and prevent sliding
- Full grain leather wrapped aluminum carry handle
- VELCRO®-lined back pocket for use with Tactigami accessories
- Pass through back panel for securing to luggage trolley handle
- Compression straps with aluminum g-hooks on both sides
- Fully functional garment bag on the interior
- Detachable chain and hook hanging accessory
- Tri-glide zipper opening, YKK™ Zippers throughout
- Dual mesh front facing storage pockets for footwear, toiletries, etc.
- Dual VECRO®-lined panels for use with Tactigami accessories
- Center interior strap to cinch and secure hanging clothing
- Dual butt stock pouches for vertical rifle storage when hanging
- Insert compatible for optional added protection
- Ambidextrous design for left or right-handed draw
- Fabric construction: 1680 Denier Ballistic Nylon
- MSRP $289.95
Although the Vertx Professional Rifle Garment Bag may seem like a niche item, it doesn’t always have to hold both clothing and firearms. Just that it can serve double duty is reason enough to consider it. Until the airlines allow me to bring my Mk-18 or Sig MPX on board the aircraft, I’ll just be using it as a high quality garment bag. But for those of you that work in one of the 3 letter agencies or an executive protection service, this may be just the solution you’ve been looking for.
This article previously published on The Loadout Room.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO CONTINUE READING.
Your subscription is important and supports our editorial integrity and our 100% veteran writing team. Advertisers these days are afraid of being associated with controversial news outlets, like us, that take a stand. Your subscription is vital to ensuring we can continue to publish the courageous apolitical news we are known and respected for as former combat veterans.Subscribe or login