SOFREP will have more on the ‘No Easy Day‘ story as it develops, but here is some additional information:
- Written by a former member of Red Team
- The author was apparently not in the room when Bin Laden was shot however, he was an assault team leader on the raid that killed UBL
- The author most likely secured a seven figure royalty advance for this book deal.
- The members of DEV (ST6) are extremely angry about this book and feel betrayed
- The author may have been on the helicopter that crashed
A DEVGRU Operator on “No Easy Day”
“Its not a secret (the UBL raid) and their mission (is being ) exploited by politics – to be expected, but for one of our own to cash in is simply unprofessional and disrespectful to those that didn’t cash in.” -DEVGRU operator