Brooklyn, NY – Jan. 15, 2018 – Crye Precision®, one of the leading suppliers of uniforms and personal equipment to the military, law enforcement and public safety markets, has announced that they will be unveiling several new products at their booth (#32403) at SHOT Show 2018, in Las Vegas, NV, to include the next generation in their Combat and Field Apparel line.
Crye Precision® will unveil the brand new G4 line, including the Combat Shirt and Pant, Field Shirt and Pant, FR Combat Shirt and Pant, and FR Field Shirt and Pant.
This next generation of Combat Apparel, from the company who brought you the original Combat Uniform, features the exclusive stretch VTX™ Ripstop fabric, constructed with Invista’s T420 high-tenacity nylon fiber, allowing the uniform to be light yet strong. The integrated stretch allows for a slimmer cut with maximum mobility. Pockets are low profile and engineered to reduce bulk while still allowing room for all essential gear. Mesh venting is incorporated throughout the garments for maximum air-flow and breathability.
The G4 Combat Shirt, features a set-in shoulder pocket with internal expansion, set-in loop with a low profile pen pocket. With VELCRO® tab closures at the cuff, a longer shaped hem in the back and a flatlock seam at both the front and back of the side panels. Enhanced fit and function are the top priorities. Underarm panels are shaped for enhanced mobility, sleeves are darted for an ergonomic fit, and the internal elbow pad pocket is minimal and lightweight.
The G4 Combat Pant features multiple pass-throughs to the low-profile cargo pocket to secure charges. The adjustable padded waist features a low-profile die cut VELCRO® adjust tab, and is lined with moisture wicking material. Front thigh pockets are larger, mesh lined and have a secure zip closure. A dedicated knife holder is included with a reinforced opening.
The G4 Field Uniform also features VTX™ Ripstop fabric. The integrated stretch allows for a slimmer cut while maintaining maximum mobility – even under body armor.
The G4 Field Shirt, like the Combat Shirt, was created with maximum comfort and functionality as priority. Designed as a tailored utility shirt, the chest pockets are noticeably sleek, with flaps engineered to be tucked in for ease of access, along with zippered shoulder pockets that reduce bulk while still allowing room for all essential gear.
The G4 Field Pants were also constructed with Invista’s T420 high tenacity nylon fiber, to be light yet strong. Like the Combat Pants, pockets are carefully located and intentionally engineered to reduce excess material and weight. There’s an adjustable waistband and mesh venting throughout the pant for maximum air-flow and breathability, providing the maximum comfort even under the most stressful situations.
Both the G4 Combat and Field Uniforms are available in a brand new innovative FR Fabric, called High Strength Commando Twill, providing lightweight FR protection with a high strength-to-weight ratio. The unique TWILLSTOP™ construction is made with inherently FR fibers, and has high tear and tensile strength tested in both wet and dry environments. The fabric quickly self-extinguishes and maintains 8.5 times higher air permeability and faster dry time than 50/50 NYCO. The Coolderm ™ moisture management technology wicks sweat away from skin, and the overall construction is lightweight with an ultra comfortable feel.
Another new addition is the innovative AIRLITE® SPC™ (Structural Plate Carrier), which incorporates the lightweight mobility of the favorite JPC™ and the structural support of the AVS™ & CPC™. It provides you with one of the most versatile carriers to date. This minimal armor vest is designed for maximum mobility, weight savings and packability. The vest is designed to provide a variety of configuration options to suit an operator’s needs in protection, modularity and comfort. The vest features the AIRLITE® STRUCTURAL CUMMERBUND system with an Integrated Attachment System that allows pouches to be mounted internally and externally. The cummerbund can be used with StKSS™, allowing for the wearer to relieve the load bearing on the shoulders, without compromising additional weight and bulk, and while improving comfort and ventilation.
Crye Precision® will also be highlighting:
- The AIRLITE® SLC BELT provides comfortable support with a streamlined fit while reducing weight using the patented AIRLITE® system for mounting pouches. Side flaps with snaps allow for quick and easy attachment and removal of drop holster systems. Inside reinforced pockets allow the belt to integrate seamlessly with STKSS™ (Structural Kinetic Support System).
- The AIRLITE® SLC BLAST BELT provides level IIIA ballistic protection in a low profile package allowing for a streamlined fit while reducing weight. It uses the patented AIRLITE® material for mounting pouches. Side flaps with snaps allows for quick and easy attachment and removal of drop holster systems.
- AIRFLEX® IMPACT PADS represents the latest embodiment of Crye’s integrated joint protection system. Designed to be compatible with all uniforms, these highly engineered protective pads are crafted for mobility, comfort and performance. The new COMBAT KNEE PAD features a re-engineered flexible cap for complete freedom of movement and provides 40% improvement in impact protection over previous pads.
- JPC™ STRETCH CUMMERBUND & STRETCH DETACHABLE FLAP add a new level of comfort and gear access to your carrier. Heavy duty elastic accommodates 5.56 and 7.62 magazines, radios and other mission critical items and provides a snug custom fit on the wearer.
- The Crye Precision LRB™ is a stable and comfortable load-rated platform belt that performs as a duty/gun/gear belt. Independently tested to meet the static and dynamic strength requirements of EN 358. (Fall prevention test standard.) This belt is flexible for comfort but sturdy enough to support a holster and other heavy gear. With the included LRB™ FLOATING LOOP, you can attach a restraint to virtually any point along the belt, making it an ideal choice for aerial platforms. Adding the optional LRB™ LEG LOOPS turns the LRB™ into a full EN 12277 (When used properly, this combined system conforms to EN 12277 Test standard for mountaineering harnesses, 2015 Edition.)
- The Crye Precision ASR™ (ADJUSTABLE SAFETY RESTRAINT) LANYARD is officially approved for use by USSOCOM as a travel restraint during helicopter operations – and can be quickly and easily adjusted from 18” – 30”. The ASR™ is designed to be used in conjunction with the LRB™.
About Crye Precision®
Crye Precision has passionately spent more than 15 years designing and manufacturing truly innovative equipment for America’s fighting forces. The company has devoted an extreme amount of time with users, continuously incorporating their experience and feedback into each piece of gear – giving them full support and unquestionable gratitude for their service and sacrifice.
Bottom line – Crye Precision makes uncompromising gear for uncompromising individuals. Working hard to provide smart, high-performance, long-wearing gear for people who demand the best. All of the gear from Crye Precision is made in America, from American materials.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1