Besides the fact that these knives are 100 percent American made, they have some other very unique features that you won’t find with any other knife maker. Per the manufacturer, those unique features are:
- Operates on a miniature roller chain.
- Blade pivots on a permanently lubricated ball bearing washer system.
- Powered by dual nested right and left hand wound extension springs.
- Model name and manufacturer are concealed within handle for sterile look.
I have already done a written review of the full-size MRX. Now, I’ve got my hands on the mini version. Let me tell you, this is the fastest-deploying auto knife I’ve ever had my hands on. Its looks are extremely sexy, too—this all black auto knife screams lethality! For those of you looking for a more slimline version to carry, but still want to retain all the features, quality, and strength of the full-size version, then the Rat Worx MRX Mini is for you. If you’re an executive or business person who has to wear a suit everyday, then this knife fits the bill. It easily clips into your pocket, waistband, or belt, and gives you an outstanding everyday knife and defensive weapon if needed.
Specs from the manufacturer:
- Blade length: 2.995″ to the Ricasso
- OAL Blade Length: 3.2″
- OAL Length: 6.9″ including the ergonomic Hammer Hold angle
- Handle Length: 3.955″ to the angle
- Closed Length: 4.125″ to the Angle of the Handle
- Handle Finish: Black Class III Anodized Aluminum
- Blade Steel: CPM-154
- RC Hardness: 58
- Handle Width: .495″ Button Recessed for safety and opening by feel in the dark
- Tip up carry closed
Enough with words and pictures. A written article just doesn’t do justice to these outstanding knives. Follow the link below to The Loadout Room’s Youtube channel to see these knives in action!
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1