Imagine yourself in gridlocked traffic when an earthquake rocks your city. With nowhere to go and nowhere to hide, you only have what’s in your pockets and inside your go-bag (if you have one). You need to escape the anarchy that is about to ensue and get to your family. So, what do you do? Where do you start?
My everyday bag doubles as my go-bag for the very fact that it’s with me every day. If I need to ditch my vehicle and proceed on foot to my destination (home) I need to make sure I have the means and gear to do so. We’re not talking about an 80 pound survival bug out bag. You want your go-bag to be streamlined, comfortable and contain only the items you will need. The items you choose will be dependent on your skill level, area of operation and distance that you need to travel.
The bag we are taking a look at today is the EDC Commuter Sling by Vertx. This bag has several levels/tiers to it, making it ideal for the applications we mentioned above. In the following video we take a closer look at the Vertx EDC Commuter Sling Pack.
I contacted Vertx to find out a little more about the bag. Here is what they told me:
- Vertx has current contracts with a few Elite Federal Agencies in which they supply them with this bag for use with executive protection details.
- Vertx also claims that with training and practice, it is possible to draw your pistol from the bag and put rounds on target in under 1.4 seconds.
Specifications (courtesy of vertx.com)
- Bag Size – 18”H x 13”W x 6”D
- Maximum capacity 23 liters
- Sized to fit a 15″ laptop in addition to a full-sized hand-gun
- Forward opening for quick access to contents
- Hide-out convertible front flap acts as an additional load sling or stows away to reveal MOLLE field
- Insert compatible reinforced internal pocket
- Orbital strap deign for fastest back to front transition
- Interior organization pockets provide optimal storage for gear and accessories
- MSRP is $184.95 direct from Vertx
Veterans and active-duty military get a year of Fox Nation for free. Don’t delay. Sign up today by clicking the button below!Free Fox Nation for a Year
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1