On Thursday, February 16, 2017, Congressmen Walter B. Jones (NC-3), Seth Moulton (MA-6), and Ruben Gallego (AZ-7), will hold a press conference on H. Res. 21, a resolution stating that the commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps should issue a public document certifying that members of Fox Company, of the Marine Special Operations Command, were not at fault for the firefight that occurred on March 4, 2007, in which the Marines faced enemy forces in Bati Kot District, Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan.
SOFREP has covered the story of the men from MARSOC’s Fox Company at length, and has previously spoken with Congressman Jones on the topic. The congressman is not new to this case—he has been dedicated to fighting on behalf of the “MARSOC 7” for many years, and his aim now is to set the record straight and clear the names of these brave Marine Raiders once and for all.
SOFREP will be on-site for the February 16 press conference, and will be sure to bring you the latest updates regarding their anticipated exoneration.
You can read the entire Fox Company series here:
- The untold story of the leadership that failed MARSOC Fox Company (Part 1)
- The untold story of the leadership that failed MARSOC Fox Company (Part 2)
- Covert corruption in ‘MARSOC 7’ command investigation (Part 3)
- Extreme Prejudice: Unethical conduct by NCIS and prosecutors to convict innocent Marines (Part 4)
- The internal assassin of MARSOC Fox Company (Part 5)
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to join SOFREP now for just $0.50/week.