Courtesy of Tactical Life
Glock might not be getting any love from the U.S. Army right now, but the law enforcement community is still embracing the company. Case in point: The Philippine National Police is buying a batch of Glock 17 Gen4 pistols to use as its new duty gun. Glock won the solicitation for new service pistols against competition like Sig Sauer—a bit of revenge for Sig having won the XM17 MHS contract—and an unnamed local manufacturer. The winner was announced by the Philippines’ Procurement Service of the Department of Budget and Management.
“The Bids and Awards Committee of the Procurement Service set a global standard for transparency and professionalism through the manner in which the testing was performed pursuant to this solicitation,” Glock Asia Pacific managing director Sven De Souter said in a statement.
There’s no doubt that the Glock 17 Gen4 was put through its paces during testing. The press release says testing involved firing 20,000 rounds of ammunition successfully through a single pistol, with no failures or stoppages, and without having to change any parts. The Glock 17 Gen4 passed this test twice, with two different pistols. All tests per were performed in public in the interest of full transparency during the solicitation process.
- RELATED STORY: Philippines – GLOCK Nation
“The PNP will not only have the most reliable pistol on the market, but will also be the benefactor of extremely low pistol maintenance costs,” Glock says.
Check out the specs for the Glock 17 Gen4 below.
- Caliber/System: 9×19 / Safe Action
- Length: 202 mm / 7.95 in.
- Height: 138 mm / 5.43 in.
- Width: 30.00 mm / 1.18 in.
- Barrel Length: 114 mm / 4.48 in.
- Barrel Height: 32 mm / 1.26 in.
- Length Between Sights: 165 mm / 6.49 in.
- Unloaded Weight: 710 g / 25.06 oz.
- Loaded Weight: 910 g / 32.12 oz.
- Trigger Pull: ~2.5 kg / ~5.5 lbs.
- Trigger Travel: ~12.5 mm / ~0.49 in.
- Barrel Rifling: right hand, hexagonal
- Length of Twist: 250 mm / 9.84 in.
- Magazine Capacity: 17 (standard), 10/33 (optional)
For more information about Glock, visit us.glock.com.
Read more like this on Tactical Life
Photo courtesy of Tactical Life