Are you looking for a new challenge on the range when you practice? Watch the video below as Master Firearms Instructor K. Brown shoots the SEAL Team Six shooting standards course created by two former SEAL Team Six Operators.
These are not only excellent drills to practice, but also practical to the everyday concealed-carry permit-holder. Shooting is a perishable skill and in order to maintain proficiency, you must practice on a regular basis.
Next time you plan to go to the range, push your comfort zone a bit, and give the SEAL Team Six shooting standards a try.
Here’s the drill for you:
1) From three yards – two rounds to the body
2) From seven yards – two rounds to the body/reload/two rounds to the body
3) From seven yards – two rounds to the body/one round to the head
4) From seven yards – six rounds with your strong hand/reload/six rounds with your weak hand
5) From 25 yards – two round to the body/reload/two rounds to the body
Book suggestions on SEAL Team Six:
SEAL Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper
Inside SEAL Team Six: My Life and Missions with America’s Elite Warriors
The Operator: Firing the Shots that Killed Osama bin Laden and My Years as a SEAL Team Warrior
This article was originally published in July 2018. It has been edited for republication.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1