When it comes to phones, there are two types of people: Apple and Android people. I was an Apple user for more than 10 years and only switched to the Android systems in the past couple of years. Why? Great question. For what I wanted to be doing, switching systems made the most sense for me.
Let’s take a close look at a premier phone of each platform and see which one might be the best for you.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro 128GB
- MSPR is $1,099
- Comes with a 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR display (that’s an extremely clear display). It has a 2,533 x 1170 pixel resolution at 460 ppi.
- Comes with USB-C to Lightning Cable
- Camera – Pro 12MP camera system: Ultra Wide, Wide, and Telephoto cameras
- It’s splash-, water-, and dust-resistant. It’s rated IP68 (maximum depth of six meters up to 30 minutes)
- It has an A14 processor. This makes it 30 percent faster than the previous A12 and likely the fastest mobile chip on the planet, performing a claimed 11 trillion operations per second.
- 5G mmWave and sub-6GHz. This refers to higher frequency radio bands within the network. mmWave 5G networks are ultra-fast.
iPhone 12 Pro comes in three capacities: 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB. The more gigabytes you have, the more content, such as apps, games, photos, HD videos, music, and movies, you can store on your iPhone. Check your current device to see how much storage you have and how much you’re using. If you’re nearing your limit with a large music or photo library or many apps, it’s a good idea to consider a larger capacity. If you rarely download apps or take many photos or videos, an iPhone with a smaller capacity may be better for you.
Apple hardware system security is designed to maximize the security of the operating systems on Apple devices without compromising usability.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 128GB
- MSRP is $1,199
- It comes with a 6.8 inches screen that is 1440 x 3200 pixels.
- 12GB RAM
- IP68 dust- and water-resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins).
- It features Galaxy’s first 5nm processor, which can perform 600 billion operations per second.
- It has an 8k camera allowing you to pull high-res photos straight from 8K video.
- It’s the first Galaxy S smartphone compatible with S Pen.
- It has a claimed battery life of up to 114 hours.
- But, unfortunately, doesn’t feature a memory slot
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G uses the Knox security platform. The platform delivers a high level of security, protecting your phone from the chip up and giving you more confidence in your data and app permissions. It also features Samsung Knox Vault to keep your biometric authentication data under wraps. And with a larger, lower latency Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor, you can unlock the phone even faster — even if your finger’s dry.
So whether you are an Apple or Android user, you’ll surely love either phone. Both have state-of-the-art and cutting-edge features. They both have excellent cameras, processors, and cost about the same.
As far as which one is better, we could argue about this all day long because it is highly subjective. Both offer fantastic performance and sport incredible design. You will be happy with either model for sure.
And now you can win these two smartphones!
SOFREP will be giving away these two phones as part of its Q3 Sweepstakes running from July 1 to September 30. If you’re a member of SOFREP, all you need to do is to use your special referral link to tell your friends, family, and whomever else about SOFREP. You’ll rake in points for every referral that becomes a member and the winner will receive his choice of either a brand new iPhone 12 Pro 128GB or a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 128GB.
You can find out all the details and check the leaderboard here.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1