Earlier this week, a ban on ground operations in Yemen was reported following the SEAL Team Six raid that resulted in the deaths of a Navy SEAL and several civilians, including women and children. According to the Wall Street Journal, Ahmed Bin Mubarak, Yemen’s ambassador to the US, denied the ban but instead stated that more coordination was needed.

Ahmed Bin Mubarak, Yemen’s ambassador to Washington, said Wednesday his government hadn’t withdrawn permission for the U.S. to carry out ground missions but had “made clear our reservations about the last operation.”

“We said that in the future there needs to be more coordination with Yemeni authorities before any operation and that there needs to be consideration for our sovereignty,” he added. “We are a partner with the United States in fighting terrorism.”- WSJ

Editorial cartoon courtesy of Robert L. Lang

If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to join SOFREP now for just $0.50/week.