The Slumberjack Deadfall 65 Pack is designed for multi-day hunting trips and packing meat out. The 65-liter capacity is split between a large main compartment and three external pockets. An external multi-weapon carry system lets you securely carry a rifle or hunting bow. The adjustable trophy carry system accommodates various sized game to allow you […]
The Slumberjack Deadfall 65 Pack is designed for multi-day hunting trips and packing meat out. The 65-liter capacity is split between a large main compartment and three external pockets. An external multi-weapon carry system lets you securely carry a rifle or hunting bow. The adjustable trophy carry system accommodates various sized game to allow you to carry out large loads of meat comfortably.
Slumberjack is famous for their sleeping bags. When I heard that Slumberjack was making packs, I expected high quality and great design and I was not disappointed. The workmanship is sturdy and the design is incredibly innovative.
I have carried loads up to 75 pounds in this ruck in comfort. It will carry a lot more. The straps and suspension have padding and support in all the right places. An adjustable back suspension system provides a custom fit with two external aluminum stays and a HDPE frame sheet providing support. The load carrying system allows for a dizzying variety of alternatives.
I put the biggest gun and scope combination into the Deadfall that I had, a 24-inch barrel CMMG Mk3 rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Nikon BLACK FX1000 6-24×50SF Long Range Rifle Scope. It fit with no problem and by placing my stove and fuel on the opposite side, it even balanced well. You can use different combinations of retaining straps for quick access or high security, depending on your situation.
The Deadfall is a sturdy pack that can haul out a serious load yet remain compressible enough for those minimal load days spent hiking ridge lines or exploring new territory. Side compression straps can be routed over or under the side pockets on the pack to allow for access and provide compression of loads. The external pockets range to accommodate a wide variety of gear. Pockets keep gear accessible while various sizes provide space and organization.
The DST Deadfall pack is the culmination of Slumberjacks’ serious approach to product design, field research and good old fashion gear abuse. The wings can accommodate your optics, scopes etc and that the front load flaps were versatile enough to securely hold awkwardly shaped items, while still being streamlined. Incorporating dual aluminum stay frame and adjustable torso suspension, you are sure to get the perfect fit – no matter the load.
The Deadfall 65 Pack comes in both Highlander and Perception DST (Disruptive Shadow Technology) camouflage patterns. Perception DST was designed by Vince Mares, a former paratrooper in the Army’s 82nd Airborne, it is inspired by natural foliage shadows and negative spaces. Slumberjack’s Disruptive Shadow Technology blends sharp outlines with blurred, shadow-like shapes effectively disrupting the human form at long range or up close. Creating an illusion through a depth of field and color adaptation, it blends with varied terrain.
- Adjustable trophy carry system accoSlumberjack is famous for their sleeping bags. When I heard that Slumberjack was making packs, I expected high quality and great design and I was not disappointed. The workmanship is sturdy and the design is incredibly innovative. mandates various sized game
- Stowable and versatile multi-weapon carry system easily transports your bow or rifle
- Dual aluminum stay suspension with HDPE frame sheet easily handles heavy loads
- Right HDPE reinforced hip belt: PALS system provides attachment point for accessory pouches
- Forward pull waist belt buckle improves stability and ease of ease
- Load lifters located to top cross bar provide enhanced fit and function
- Side compression straps can be routed under or over side pockets providing improved access & compression options
- Friction panel on lower lumbar improves contact with wet outerwear
- Main side compression straps can cross over and mate together for additional compression options
- Left side pocket easily accommodates large optics or field gear
- Two side pockets on right side provide additional organization options
- Top-loading design with adjustable lid and zippered pocket
- Front Fabric shelf provides attachment options for bow carry & provides additional load support with or without the packbag
- Hydration compatible
- YKK zippers
- Torso: 17.5″ – 21″
- Volume: 3950 cubic inches
- Weight: 4 lbs 15 oz
Slumberjack’s Deadfall 65 Pack is perfect for multi-day hunting trips and packing meat out. Whether you are carrying heavy loads of meat or minimal gear scouting, the Deadfall is a sturdy pack that does it all. The 65-liter capacity, three external pockets, external weapon and adjustable trophy carry system makes this pack the ultimate shooting and hunting set up. I may never buy another pack.
You can get your very own Deadfall 65 in DST HERE MSRP $229.95
For over 50 years Slumberjack has led the outdoor industry, innovating newer and better ways to provide outdoor enthusiasts and sportsman with a great night’s sleep in the outdoors. Their broad assortment of tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, camp furniture and accessories provide a range of solutions designed to keep you comfortable while sleeping under the stars.