1) British and American special forces were already on the ground advising anti-Assad militants in the first year of the Syrian conflict (2011)
The following comes from major US defence contractor and private intelligence firm Stratfor, as revealed by WikiLeaks
2) Saudi Arabia was committed to overthrowing the Syrian government “by all means available”
Once the war had started, the Saudis couldn’t look back – for fear that a victorious Syrian regime would seek revenge against “countries of the Gulf” for their attempts to destabilise Syria.
3) US military intelligence warned the White House in 2012 that the West’s covert war in Syria would produce “an Islamic State” (precisely what Daesh (Isis/Isil) claimed to be creating two years later in 2014)
The following was revealed in a declassified Pentagon ‘Secret’ Intelligence Information Report (US Defense Intelligence Agency). Note that the ‘Salafists’ (aka Wahhabis) mentioned are followers of the ultra-conservative state sect of Saudi Arabia – which has
inspired al-Qaeda, Daesh, and other jihadi groups on the ground in Syria.
4) A formerly classified US policy paper found within Hillary Clinton’s emails (archived byWikiLeaks), promoting the forceful overthrow of Assad as “a massive boon to Israel’s security”, and as a way to start a war with Iran.
5) Google secretly teamed up with the US government to create online tools that would encourage and aid regime change in Syria
The following according to a Hillary Clinton email released by WikiLeaks
Featured Image – Secretary Clinton conversing with United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahyan prior to a Gulf Cooperation Council meeting in Doha – State Department