Arc’teryx apparel can be found in some military units, and exclusively seen on the new History TV show Six, but how about using it in your civilian life without being too tactical? You may have read a few of my previous posts in continuing to acquire and test low-visibility clothing that makes carrying a concealed firearm efficient and with minimal printing to blend into areas or while operating abroad. The Skyline shirt is a slick-looking, airy, long sleeve, moisture wicking Diem™ polyester shirt with comfort stretch and contemporary styling that is great for concealed carry while maintaining a high degree of professionalism at both formal and informal events.
Arc’teryx updates the classic button down with technical performance and clean, urban lines. Light, trim fitting and quick drying, the Skyline LS Shirt can easily wick moisture and stays cool. Articulated patterning, mechanical stretch and gusseted underarms extend ergonomic freedom, and the soft, UPF 50 + Diem™ polyester fabric is wrinkle resistant, making the Skyline a smart choice for the athletic worker, traveler, and concealed firearm carrier.
The shirt can be worn either tucked or with a more modern untucked look. The cuffs fit over large crown watches as well as any of FitBit or Apple Watches and are made with snaps to facilitate the transition to rolled sleeves for an even more casual look. The traditional oxford button down style shirt is replaced with hidden snaps that give the shirt a formal appearance without looking out-of-place in an informal environment. The snaps also provide rapid and unrestricted access to your firearm when the situation arises. The moisture wicking fabric allows you to still be athletic without looking like a you just went swimming. While the site states it is a great shirt of warm environments, I have worn this shirt in many temperate environments and functions just as well in either.
Features of the Shirt:
- Diem™—100 polyester, 110 g/m². Lightweight, breathable, stretchy textile that is quick-drying, wrinkle resistant
- articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- front placket with hidden snap closures
- snaps cuff & sleeve configuration
- UPF Rating 50+
Check out this Video for a more in-depth view:
Gear seen in this article
- Arc’teryx – Skyline shirt LS for $99.00
- Ka-Bar TDI Law Enforcement Knife for $55.24
- Crossbreed Classic Gun Belt for $59.95
- Tactical Distributors (TD) – Stand Your Ground Jeans (SYG) for $66.95
- Bravo Concealment AIWB Custom 1911Holster for $69.99 & Colt Defender 1911 .45cal with Pachmayr grips for $899.00
- Loadout Room T-Shirt for $28.00
As seen in Video
This article is courtesy The Loadout Room.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1