The German authorities continue their investigation for accomplishes of Anis Amri on the Berlin Christmas attack. They have arested a man that they suspect he knew of Amri’s plan -Vasilis Chronopoulos
A spokeswoman for the office of Germany’s chief prosecutor on Wednesday said authorities have taken a second Tunisian suspect into custody following raids in Berlin on Tuesday.
A warrant has been issued by the Justice Ministry for the Tunisian suspect, who had been in contact with Anis Amri, the prime suspect in December’s Christmas market attack, the night before it occurred.
“This contact person is a 26-year-old Tunisian. We are investigating him for possibly participating in the attack,” spokeswoman Frauke Köhler told reporters, adding that prosecutors suspected he may have known about Amri’s plan.