The five-day sweep, referred to as Operation Cross Check, rounded up more than 680 people, including many convicted felons.
Los Angeles and surrounding areas:
- 161 foreign nationals arrested. Of these, 151 had prior criminal convictions.
- Arrests included a previously deported Honduran with prior convictions for drug-trafficking, spousal battery, and petty theft; and an Australian national with a conviction of lewd and lascivious acts with a child.
Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Kansas, and Missouri:
- 235 foreign nationals were arrested. Of these, 163 had criminal convictions.
- 60 were previously deported.
Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina:
- 190 foreign nationals arrested. Of these, 127 had criminal convictions.
- 29 were previously deported.
- 41 foreign nationals arrested. Of these, 38 had criminal convictions.
- Arrests included a self-admitted MS-13 gang member convicted of assault with a dangerous weapon.
Read the whole story from Business Insider.
Featured image courtesy of Reuters.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to join SOFREP now for just $0.50/week.