Thyrm introduced the SwitchBack in 2014, dramatically improving the most popular flashlights for military, law enforcement, and civilian use. Features included a pocket clip and a finger ring that provided increased flashlight retention and opened the door for new flashlight techniques.
The SwitchBack 2.0 is the next evolution, incorporating new features and refinements based on 1000’s of hours of use by subject matter experts and customers. New features include:
- stronger pocket clip that also works with MOLLE/PALS webbing
- pocket clip position that allows for deeper carry
- optimized design to ease installation
- wider thumb rest with traction features
- small crush ribs on the lip that create a custom fit across a broader range of lights
- aluminum spacer that expands compatibility to Streamlight HL and HL-X flashlights and other manufacturers with similar designs
- finger ring that releases under heavy force/torque, but can be reset
“We spent the last year paying close attention to our customer’s feedback, working with our experts to test dozens of prototypes. We couldn’t be happier with the new design,” said Andrew Frazier, CEO. “As with our other gear, we are proud to design and manufacture the SwitchBack 2.0 in the USA.”
The SwitchBack 2.0 is in stock and available for purchase at Thyrm.com and at authorized dealers.
This article is courtesy of The Loadout Room.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to join SOFREP now for just $0.50/week.