On April 4, the US Department of Defense (DoD) announced an additional $2.6 billion security assistance package for Ukraine’s ongoing efforts to repel invading Russian forces.
This renewed military assistance includes ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) and one Patriot air defense system and its munitions, as well as other artillery rounds, small arms, anti-armor systems, and spare parts, among many others.
Additional $2.6B Military Aid
The recent military aid package valued at $500 million drawn from the existing US arsenal, which includes:
- Additional munitions for Patriot air defense systems;
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- 155mm and 105mm artillery rounds;
- 120mm mortar rounds;
- 120mm and 105mm tank ammunition;
- 25mm ammunition;
- Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
- Approximately 400 grenade launchers and 200,000 rounds of ammunition;
- 11 tactical vehicles to recover equipment;
- 61 heavy fuel tankers;
- 10 trucks and 10 trailers to transport heavy equipment;
- Testing and diagnostic equipment to support vehicle maintenance and repair;
- Spare parts and other field equipment.
The Pentagon will also send a significant package to ramp up Kyiv’s air defense capabilities, pulling funds worth $2.1 billion from Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI), including: