Families in Yemen searched Sunday for victims of an airstrike that the United Nations said killed more than 140 funeral mourners and wounded hundreds more, prompting the U.S. to begin a review of the Saudi-led military campaign.
Alaa al-Khazan was among those who said he had been searching hospitals in the Yemeni capital of San’a, looking for his cousin, following the Saturday strike. “We have seen him on television among those brought out of the targeted hall, but we cannot find him,” he said.
Residents near the bombing site have accused Saudi Arabia’s military coalition of carrying out the strike on the hall, which U.N. officials in Yemen said also wounded 525 people. People had gathered to mourn the father of Interior Minister Jalal al-Ruwaishan,an ally of the Houthis whom the Saudis are trying to dislodge from power in Yemen.
Read More- Wall Street Journal
Image courtesy of EPA