Our first article on Women in SOF – The First Female Navy SEAL – was our first truly controversial article, and our first article that went viral. It was also the first volley in an ongoing editorial battle between Jack and Brandon: where Brandon is all for allowing women to enter SOF (for the reasons mentioned in the article), Jack is completely against it, referring to the concept as The Inconvenient Truth About Women and Combat.
What you see here is SOFREP at our best. We don’t force our writers or editors to toe the party line. We give them a topic and ask them to come back with the best they can deliver, and they (usually) do just that.
The Women in SOF series has been one of our most engaging subjects, and it’s one that we’ll continue to cover. This series includes:
- Chicks Go to Ranger School
- The Art of Women at War
- Women in The Navy SEAL Teams: Admiral (SEAL) Olson Comments
- A Female CST and Special Forces Enabler Speaks Out
- Women’s Rights Activist Demands ‘Camouflage Ceiling’ Brought Down
- Zero Dark Thirty: A Former CIA Targeting Officer’s Perspective
- The Challenges of Women in Combat Roles
- Women Fail Marine Infantry Officer Course, Again
- TF 160 SOAR Opened to Women
- A Winded Addition to A Female CST and Special Forces Enabler Speaks Out
- US Lags Behind Israel & S. Korea with Allowing Women in Spec Ops Units
- Rangers and SEALs to Train Women By 2015/2016
- ADM McRaven: RAND & JSOU to Conduct Studies on Female SOF
- Women in Special Operations and the 800-Pound Misogynistic Village Elder in the Room
And then there’s Kristin…
The one thing we’ve been humbled and pleased by regarding this subject: you, our readers and members, are open-minded and honest in your opinions about Women in SOF. You don’t throw down a bunch of stereotypical and thoughtless comments; rather, you respond with well-reasoned ideas and questions, which shows us that this is a topic that is taken very seriously because it is all about Americans who want to serve their country to the best of their abilities.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1