A company called DroneShield has developed an ‘anti-drone gun’ that can safely disable a flying drone. The company claims their DroneGun will work on a wide variety of drones and allows the user to disable the drone in a controlled manner without damaging it.
Watch the DroneGun in Action
DroneGun provides a safe countermeasure against a wide range of drone models. It allows for a controlled management of drone payload such as explosives, with no damage to common drones models or surrounding environment due to the drones generally responding via a vertical controlled landing on the spot, or returning back to the starting point (assisting to track the operator).”
BENEFITS OF DRONEGUN TACTICAL DRONE JAMMER:
- Effective coverage: Allows for an up to 2km coverage, in a wide range of environmental conditions
- Portable: Rifle shape with a backpack, one person operation
- Easy to use: no technical training for set up or use required
- Immediate video cease: immediately ceases video transmission back to the drone operator
- Enables investigation: drone remains intact and available for forensic investigation
Want one? Well, hold on! DroneShield says the DroneGun may only be available in the US to government agencies and it has not be authorized by the United States Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”). There is always a catch!
Featured Image by DroneShield
This article courtesy of Fighter Sweep.