Will these seven steps end the threat of radical Islam? Not immediately. But to start, “We The People” must hire a commander-in-chief as courageous as the soldiers, sailors, Airmen, Guardsmen and Marines who volunteered to protect us all.
1. Define the Enemy: radical Islamists waging war against us.
2. Define Victory: No safe havens – anywhere – for those waging war against us. This doesn’t require landing the 1st Marine Division or the 82nd Airborne in Syria but it will oblige our next president to directly arm the Kurds and build a coalition of Sunni Arabs [e.g., Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, UAE & Saudi funding] to destroy ISIS in Syria. Without a safe haven to recruit, train and transmit vicious propaganda, suicidal jihad will become much less attractive.
3. Reinvigorate the CIA and DIA to collect human intelligence overseas. Here at home Encourage task forces like those created by former Police Commissioner Ray Kelly in the NYPD to penetrate radical Islamist organizations.
4. Stop telling our enemies things they don’t need to know. Don’t “chest-thump” about successes – like Obama did with the killing of Usama bin Laden – and the Belgians bragging about how “Salah Abdeslam is talking…”
5. Video profile “soft targets” – mass transit sites and other “crowd venues.” The cameras are already there. A trained and attentive security officer should have noted the three Brussels terrorists strolling through the airport. Had a K-9 unit been dispatched when they walked beneath that camera, many lives could have been saved.
6. Allow only fully “vetted” Middle East refugees into the U.S. It’s a “no brainer.”
7. Forget about closing “Gitmo” and stop releasing Jihadis to return to their war against us.
Image Courtesy of inquisitr.com
Read more at: foxnews.com
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting our Veteran Editorial by becoming a SOFREP subscriber. Click here to get 3 months of full ad-free access for only $1