WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (Reuters) – President Donald Trump on Sunday will interview acting national security adviser Keith Kellogg and three other candidates to fill the vacancy left by the firing of Michael Flynn, the White House said on Saturday.
Former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton, Lieutenant General H.R. McMaster and Lieutenant General Robert Caslen are also being interviewed for the top national security position, White House spokesman Sean Spicer told reporters at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.
Trump, who has been searching for a new national security adviser for about a week, could add a couple more candidates to the list, Spicer said.
Retired general and former CIA chief David Petraeus is no longer a candidate, Spicer said.
The retired four-star general, who resigned as head of the CIA in 2012 after it was revealed he was having an affair with his biographer, had been on a short list for the job after Flynn was let go.
Read the whole story from Business Insider.
Featured image courtesy of AP.
There are on this article.
You must become a subscriber or login to view or post comments on this article.