The Pentagon said on Monday that a March 2 strike against al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) in Yemen killed a former detainee from the U.S. detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
“We can confirm the death of a former Guantanamo Bay detainee, Yasir al Silmi,” said Navy Captain Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman, adding al Silmi had been held at the detention center from 2002 to 2009.
In a statement, the Pentagon added that he was also known as Mohammed Tahar and was repatriated from Guantanamo Bay in 2009 to Yemen.
Read the whole story from Reuters.
There are on this article.
You must become a subscriber or login to view or post comments on this article.